Tinsley cooling towers megathread

Are you going to see the towers come down?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to see the towers come down?

• Yes cant wait!
    • No wouldnt waste my time!

Hi.

does anyone know when they are going to blow up the tinsley cooling towers?

:confused:

Not THAT old chestnut! They've been going to blow up Tinsley cooling toowers forever - I don't believe they ever will!

Not THAT old chestnut! They've been going to blow up Tinsley cooling toowers forever - I don't believe they ever will!

Hows Danny doing these days?

What do you mean Not THAT old chestnut! ?

Well, I used to live at Tinsley... and I've heard stirrings that they were, then they weren't, blowing up the cooling towers for about 20 years!

Dannys fine, Thank you, I'll tell him you asked!

Well, I used to live at Tinsley... and I've heard stirrings that they were, then they weren't, blowing up the cooling towers for about 20 years!

Dannys fine, Thank you, I'll tell him you asked!

and way too many threads about it :rant:

Always worth mentioning this one ;-)

End of the year they say... again.

If they are going to blow them up they should go ahead and do it, or they could leave them up.

Save The Towers They Are A Sheffield Land Mark !

judging by the stink in the past five weeks, i thought blackburn sewerge works had been blown up. I saw the cooling towers today and thought i know they are declining rapidly and really it would be stupid to put funding into keeping them, but i really do hope they pay a tribute to those cooling towers and their prominence in our yorkshire communities and landscape. Meadowhall has never liked the area and its steel city (albeit declined) landscape, the fact that these towers towers are imposing but look at the landscape without them.............

Got to admit i would be sad to see them go, they are a Sheffield Landmark. A few years ago i was on a training course and Mon to Fri i wa away from Sheffield - I hated the training course and when travelling back to Sheffield down the M1 they were a beautiful sight to see knowing i was getting nearer home for the weekend.