Best restaurant for a steak?

Originally posted by TonyG

If you want somewhere a bit special try Chez Lahlu (not sure of spelling!!) Commonside, Walkley. French restraunt really cosy, huge portions. Its only small so I'm sure if you asked when you booked they would get in a T-Bone.

Are you kidding, take my American husband in a French restaurant??

Sorry, but the French are not very high up on the people's popular awards list right now.

Thanks anyway.

Actually the New Norfolk Arms sounds good. A nice British country pub with good food, and good beer.

Originally posted by Funke88

Are you kidding, take my American husband in a French restaurant??

Sorry, but the French are not very high up on the people's popular awards list right now.

Thanks anyway.

Actually the New Norfolk Arms sounds good. A nice British country pub with good food, and good beer.

Is that because they had the decency to denoucnce an unjust invasion?

Frankie and Bennys at the Centertainment!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

Lovely :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by alchresearch

Is that because they had the decency to denounce an unjust invasion?

Correct. The Battle of Waterloo in 1805!

I just don't fancy the idea of eating something that has crawled along my garden path, thank you very much.

I know its not in Sheffield but if you are planning on doing some sightseeing the Whitestonecliffe Inn near Thirsk in North Yorkshire does an excellent fillet steak.

I have been there a few times, the service is good and the portions are huge.

It's a traditional pub in a great area, you can see the White Horse on Sutton Bank as you drive up the A1.

My grandparents live in Penistone, so we will make it up there for a visit. I have a best friend who runs the Spangled Bull in Kirkheaton near Huddersfield. We may even drive up to Scarborough too. So we'll probably see a lot of Yorkshire.

Thirsk: is that far?

Thirsk isn't too far from Scarborough. If you are in that area, you should definetly try and visit Knaresborough if you can.

Ah, the Half Moon at Knaresborough. I went to a tug of war across the river there years ago. Nice place.

Sorry to be a pendant but Waterloo was in 1815.

Anyway the best steak i've had in sheffield. Was a steak diane i had in an italian place next to the indian chef. the one was at rafters of a good value set mid week menu.

The Norton does nice steak at they have got a buy 1 get 1 free thing going on at the moment.

I can only ask you to keep away from one Steak Restaurant, the Sitwell at Renishaw. Overcooked and overpriced rubbish. They have a steak night, a one give a miss!!

Sorry to be a pendant but Waterloo was in 1815.

Sorry to be a pedant but a pendant is usually something you hang around your neck.