Choose Your Favourite House

Which house would you buy if you had £1.25m to spend?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which house would you buy if you had £1.25m to spend?

Alcohol???

No - the cheek of it. Stone cold sober me. I agreed with Discodown last night & had to resort to a stiff drink. A bit tricky that when you're at work.

Feeling slightly sorry for house2 at the moment, 26 votes cast and not one of them for house2!

Is there anyone out there who would prefer to live there?

I like the look of no.1 from the pics, but without seeing the surroundings, its difficult. 'Character' houses have a lot of appeal but are generally money pits for maintenance costs (thank goodness). I prefer a modern build in a nice setting, more efficient and less problems, as the build quality is much more tightly regulated these days.

I would buy No1, in fact I saw it around 6 months ago and it was 1.3million then so it's been reduced by 100k - bargain! Just don't like the look of No2 and No3 looks like it would be haunted - plus I can't stand beams on the ceiling!

Absolutely love, love, love the house Lothario posted a link to! Here's hoping I win the lottery this weekend... :rolleyes:

Aqua

Here goes...

This thread was all about house number2 as symptomatic of the problems of housing supply. What I wanted to know whether there was a demand for it and if so, who from? After quite a nudge 1 person voted for it, so I'm going to assume that there is little if any demand for it at all. Yet another example of modern property development that is essentially WRONG, catering to tastes that no-one has, building houses that don't suit the people they're targetted at.

The other day I drove through Manor Top and there were loads of semis with at least 20ft between each pair, why? All these new developments which form little mini estates instead of the traditional grid of streets are a complete waste of space, why do they do it? Then there's the glut of inner city high rise apartment buildings, it's not as if they've ever been popular before is it?

When we were house-hunting, we wanted nice decent sized bedrooms for us and the kids. We stopped looking at modern houses in our price range after a while because although they could provide more bathrooms than I could clean in a week, they couldn't do the simple things like providing well laid out, spacious, high ceilinged living spaces. Why not?

There are all kinds of regs now regarding heating efficiency, spacious rooms with high ceilings won't fall into this category so planning consent would be more difficult. As regards the 'footprint' of the property in relation to the land available, naturally the developer has to maximise the use of the land available, especially on premium sites where the cost of the land is disproportionately high in relation to the overall cost of the finished property.

The older, larger properties such as the Victorian villa type terraces are usually painfully inefficient to heat and light unless they have been radically modernized, mainly due to the lack of usable voids to insulate. There are some excellent insulating products around now but unless the property is being refurbished anyway, the cost of installing them is a bit prohibitive.

I'll have house 2 please, on very brief scan of the 3 ads. Only because it looks prettier ;-).

its got to be house

number1

its beautifull :love: lol

I prefer the look of Property 1 as it is very modern and well kept.

However the 7 bedroom aspect of Property 3 swayed my vote.

Why the query?

Out of interest I think for an extra £0.2mil then this property would be the one I'd buy :wow:

That's John Fleetham's house - the man behind Sheffield Sky Village.

Reason for sale? Divorce I believe.

I've long admired this house http://www.fineandcountry.com/site/search/#/list/fulldetails/buy-659876/?q=sheffield&st=0&pt=buy&t=all&np=750000&xp=1000000 but now that it is for sale I find I don't have a spare £1 million to buy it.

It belongs to Mark Platts owner of Play Space on Ranmoor Road and the SpacePad development on West Street. Reason for sale? Moving to Grindleford I hear.

I've long admired this house http://www.fineandcountry.com/site/search/#/list/fulldetails/buy-659876/?q=sheffield&st=0&pt=buy&t=all&np=750000&xp=1000000 but now that it is for sale I find I don't have a spare £1 million to buy it.

"external hot and cold shower for a dog"

What will they think of next?