Choose Your Favourite House

Which house would you buy if you had £1.25m to spend?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which house would you buy if you had £1.25m to spend?

I prefer the look of Property 1 as it is very modern and well kept.

However the 7 bedroom aspect of Property 3 swayed my vote.

Why the query?

Out of interest I think for an extra £0.2mil then this property would be the one I'd buy :wow:

i agree, i was eyeing this house up online yesterday. if i won the lottey i'd definitely buy it, its lush!

is that really an issue when the garden is that long, unless the house is 30 storeys high, it will get plenty of sun.

Indeed the garden will but the rooms at the back of the house (kitchen and dining room where I spend most of my time), will not. And yes it is an issue for me having moved to a house with a south facing rear aspect from one that had a north facing rear aspect. Had it not mattered so much to me I would not have listed it as an issue, for me.

I prefer the look of Property 1 as it is very modern and well kept.

However the 7 bedroom aspect of Property 3 swayed my vote.

Why the query?

Out of interest I think for an extra £0.2mil then this property would be the one I'd buy :wow:

wow! That is gorgeous!

hmmm, i'm not so keen on that one, bit too modernised for my tastes. my vote went to number three, i like the fact it has a bit of character about it, i'd definately go for something similar if i had that kind of money to splash about!

lets come back in a few months and see how much they have all ben reduced by - who knows we may be able to club together and buy a couple of them.

ha - that would be cool, but not at the same time!!

dont like the first one, second one is a new build and im not keen on them, id have house 3 as its old, has features and a lovely garden

What effect do you think it will have on the area (Psalter Lane Art School going?) What is happening with it? Does anyone know? It's a lovely building and I spent many a happy hour in the library there. That was until someone showed me Mapplethorpe's art in a book!

Sorry, missed this one in the excitement.

I believe it'll end up in the Cultural Industries Quarter, though it will be housed in the City campus after this term is finished, until its final destination is ready I presume.

The first one is a bloody new build made to look a bit older, it's a small and expensive housing estate! The last one at least had some character but would need some serious redecoration. Most of the rooms were hideous!

That modern place that's not on the list looks OK, nice and light.

I might put in an offer.

:hihi:

its an absolute eyesore to the area though - not in keeping with the abbey - i'm suprised it was given planning permission:suspect:

Tricky - at least we agree on something! Looks like we'd buy the same house if we had a £million + to spend.:suspect:

Can feel self falling over again today.

Can feel self falling over again today.

Alcohol???