Choose Your Favourite House

Which house would you buy if you had £1.25m to spend?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which house would you buy if you had £1.25m to spend?

OK, let's imagine that we had a spare £1.25million to spend on a new home. Which of these candidates would you prefer?

House1

House2

House3

There is a point to this, but no, unfortunately I'm not in a position to buy any of them either.

My first ever poll so bear with me...

Had to put 'none of these'

I'm not keen on Ecclesall as a location. The house on Derriman is surrounded by other houses surrounded by other houses........

The one on Totley Brook is nice enough but it's a big old place and I think the plot next door has been sold for building on, and it's Totley not Dore whatever the estate agents say.

The one on Dore Road is IMO the best of the three but the back garden is not south facing and there is a bungalow behind it which shares the drive.

I would pay off our mortgage stay where we are and spend the remainder on making our house as eco friendly and cheap to run as possible then buy a small house somewhere in the south of France.

I like both the two older properties, (2 and 3) they look as if they have character. Although my personal choice would not be any of those three.

If I could choose my own property, though, I'd go for one of the beautiful Victorian/ Edwardian villas on Psalter Lane or that immediate area.

I like a character property, and number three looks the most interesting too me, but I am not keen on any of them ....they do not look very comfy, or lived in ... I cannot say anymore. I am not sure what it is about them that I don't really like.

Out of the 3 I like the third one the best. I don't think I'd want to live in a house that size though! Me and my partner would probably find that we would only use a tiny corner of the house, leaving the rest of it empty!! Oh and think of the heating and the cleaning!! Who am I kidding?? We'd be rich living in a house like that and we'd have cleaners and a gardener. In fact we could have 'staff' living in the empty section of the house!!! Hahaha!

I like both the two older properties, (2 and 3) they look as if they have character. Although my personal choice would not be any of those three.

If I could choose my own property, though, I'd go for one of the beautiful Victorian/ Edwardian villas on Psalter Lane or that immediate area.

I wanted a close price and location comparison and what's actually on the market right now. :)

Psalter Lane area property prices will be interesting now that the Art school has gone.

What effect do you think it will have on the area (Psalter Lane Art School going?) What is happening with it? Does anyone know? It's a lovely building and I spent many a happy hour in the library there. That was until someone showed me Mapplethorpe's art in a book!

I prefer the look of Property 1 as it is very modern and well kept.

However the 7 bedroom aspect of Property 3 swayed my vote.

Why the query?

Out of interest I think for an extra £0.2mil then this property would be the one I'd buy :wow:

Oh my god! That is amazing. I didn't know Sheffield had houses like that!

but the back garden is not south facing

is that really an issue when the garden is that long, unless the house is 30 storeys high, it will get plenty of sun.

I prefer the look of Property 1 as it is very modern and well kept.

However the 7 bedroom aspect of Property 3 swayed my vote.

Why the query?

Curiosity really, what people aspire to house-wise.

Out of interest I think for an extra £0.2mil then this property would be the one I'd buy :wow:

It's amazing isn't it? I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel living there but I suppose I could learn to live with it. :)

It's amazing isn't it? I'm not sure how comfortable I'd feel living there but I suppose I could learn to live with it. :)

That indoor pool would sell it for me. Quality. :cool:

I might be able to stretch to £0.25 mil for the property but i can't see them dropping the price by £1.2mil for little old me :hihi: