Help! xp updates

hi guys! i just got a new laptop running on xp pro but it keeps telling me i need to install updates but when i do it keeps saying 'the following updates could not be installed' please help its doing my head in!...

Some updates require a restart of the computer before they finish the process. Stating the obvious I know but have you tried this?

hi, yep already done that but everytime i turn it on its asking me to update then when i do doesnt it doesnt install them

Have you got any dodgy programes on the pc ? this sometimes gets this problem.

Turn off automatic updates, Restart the computer

Download the full version of Xp SP3 from the link below. (This is about 300MB ) and install manually. If SP3 does not install there is something seriously wrong with your Xp installation.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

Mike

is it genuine microsoft?

I know a lot of HP with AMD processor had probs.

Heres a driver to get round.I think this should do it .If SP2 is ok why update to SP3.Leave it while all the bugs are sorted.

http://tinyurl.com/6c9pqm