Frecheville Community Centre Rock Club

You are way younger than me then I am 63. Still in Contact with Jeff Clarke, his siter Joyce and Paul Brammer. Sadly Jacko died nearly 13 years ago - gutted - we went to Nursery together so were like family. Jacko's dad was a Good Policeman - Donaldson was a s...t and was forever trying to get Jacko in trouble. Good memories of Alport though.

Yes there's ten years between us. We left Alport soon after for the Basegreen estate so I can remember very little about it but there must have been very little crime in those days!.

Hi, you must be the same age as my sister-in-Law - Lynne Hollingsworth and her friend Carol Christopher, they lived on Basegreen Drive.

Hi, you must be the same age as my sister-in-Law - Lynne Hollingsworth and her friend Carol Christopher, they lived on Basegreen Drive.

The name Hollingsworth does ring a bell, I lived three doors away from the Christophers but moved away years ago, they will remember Brian Chapman who lived next door to me, his dad still lives there.

Yea, Christophers lived next door to my husbands family. will ask the family.

Apparantly I used to help the policemen wash their cars when I lived on Alport Drive, can't remember much about it - I was 3!. (very early 60s)

Hiya...I lived on Alport drive at number 23 between the years of 1953-1975 and pc donaldson lived in the police house at the bottom of our garden...

Apparantly I used to help the policemen wash their cars when I lived on Alport Drive, can't remember much about it - I was 3!. (very early 60s)

The name Hollingsworth does ring a bell, I lived three doors away from the Christophers but moved away years ago, they will remember Brian Chapman who lived next door to me, his dad still lives there.

I went to school with both Lynne Hollingsworth and Brian Chapman

Happy New year all my Rock Club Friends.

not been on the site for a while. I lost a Very dear friend and it just made me cry when I used this site. I miss him so much but now feel as though I just remember the great times we Had. Talking to his mum, dad and sister was good and his Daughters helped me through.

Blossom1719 Lynne was over for her mums funeral in September and Carol Christopher and all her sisters came. It was great to see them all together.

Hiya...I lived on Alport drive at number 23 between the years of 1953-1975 and pc donaldson lived in the police house at the bottom of our garden...

Hi, We lived at number 17 but moved away when I was about 5, do remember playing with a Ray Smith?. Moved to the Basegreen estate which is how I know Brian (lived next door) He was best man at my first marriage. I moved away from Sheff many years ago, think Brian is in Huddersfield now. I do try and call to see his dad if I'm over that way.

Hi. Alan,Brian and Lynne Hollingsworth all live in Canada and have done for about 25 years, but when they come home to visit they all drive down basegreen and over the Nab - imagin the shock they got last year when Frecheville School was 'no more', but we all end up talking about the Rock Club and the great groups that we saw and the Laughter we all had.

Hello Laughter,

I remember your family living on Hopefield Avenue just opposite David Fox. Played occasionally with David, usually involved games of cricket up the side of his house.

I also remember Cynthia Sherwood who lived next to David Pye on Churchdale Road. Her big sister Molly had an MBG GT at some time which was quite rare at that time.

Also next door to the Sherwoods were the Halidays (? not sure if the name is correct). Mr Haliday used to occasionally cut my hair in his kitchen.

Did you ever go to the Methodist Church at the bottom of your garden? If so were you ever the Sunday School Queen?

I never went to the rock club so have no stories to tell.

Hi Brian, Mollie is my best friend, we still meet up and met all the girls at Mollies 60th birthday. The people next door to the were the Helliwells. you were nearly right. Yes we did live opposite David Fox we lived at no 21. My hubby had the MGB GT just after we were married it was an orangy colour, but can't remember Mollie and Steve having one, will ask her seeing her in the next couple of weeks. Last time just before Xmas we were laughing at the Pantomimes that used to be at the Centre and Mollie, Josie Harrison and Myself were in it for a few years and The Carnivals, they were great. Unfortunately when my parents died I thought my sister had cleared the loft out and she thought I had. It was not 'till 20 years later when I asked her about the photos and clothes from the Panto we realised that everything was left in the loft and the house had changed owners 3 times after we sold it.

OMG I would loved to have known what was up there and why they never let us know. My sister thinks that was probably where all the 'missing' silver went and that is why they never said - hey ho too late now. Take care my friend.xx