Fuel duty petition

As there are 60 million people in the UK, even if this petition attracted half a million signatures, it would represent less than 1% of the population.

We must therefore assume that 99% of the population of the UK are either happy with the amount of fuel duty or don't care either way.

Or don't know there's a petition do something about it?

As there are 60 million people in the UK, even if this petition attracted half a million signatures, it would represent less than 1% of the population.

We must therefore assume that 99% of the population of the UK are either happy with the amount of fuel duty or don't care either way.

Well that's an interesting way of looking at it. It is a bit like saying that as Labour only poled 9,562,122 votes at the last General election the majority of people did not want them to form a government.

If enough people are mobilised on this petition, an already very nervous load of MPs are going to get very nervous indeed. I look at it this way. 2 million votes would be equivalent to 22% of all the people who actually voted for the government and 2 million more than voted for Gordon Brown to be Prime Minister.

Oh! I forgot to mention I have emailed the link to The Sun.

and the Telegraph

and the BBC

That'll do for now.

Just to add. Today a UGov poll was release showing only 22% support for Labour. Half what they had at the General Election. So my figure cound probably be reduced to around 4.6 million who would still vote Labour.

seeing as at the last census 20% of the population were under 16 and therefore cant vote in an election or this petition it means i suppose 48 million can (discounting the 16-18 year olds) therefore half a million signatures would actually be over 10% which is a lot better looking, you can of course play with any statistic to make it suit your arguement or lack of one.

reminder on weblink to petition

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lowerduty30/

Ive done it :D

I would not mind paying a MAX of 99.9p for unleaded if the money was spent localy on Public Transport , but its not is it :rant:

its really not working, up another 1p this week ;(

its really not working, up another 1p this week ;(

Fuel prices haven't gone up this week because of fuel duty.

the petition is not due to be submitted for another couple of weeks so probably wont make a difference yet

the petition is not due to be submitted for another couple of weeks so probably wont make a difference yet

That's right. Gordon Brown will have gone by then. He is a spent force to be honest.

He is a spent force to be honest.

He's a spent force, even if you lie:D

yeah, but he's like a tornado, leaving devistation in its wake

I see Gordon Brown has stopped one of the national newspapers from running a poll on fuel duty cuts