Sign in to follow this  

Need more help on Sheffield areas!

Try Dronfield, good prices to be had on houses, close to peak district, sheffield, chesterfield, MI ect

Stocksbridge/Deepcar is nice, beautiful countryside, self contained shopping centre, library, doctors, 2 adult education centres and if you believe the census, the lowest crime rate in the whole of Sheffield. It is not clicky like a lot of people sometimes say. Its a bit from the city, but do you really want to live in the city?? We got a beautiful 3 bedroomed private house for £70,000 a year ago. We overlook stonewalls and sheep and cows. The cleaner air quality is easily noticable when we return from the city. Penistone, yes I agree with that too.

Try Kiveton or Todwick they are very nice and have som lovely new builds too

Thanks for all the suggestions. Looks like we will be spending the weekend looking at Stocksbridge/Penistone & Deepcar areas.

Lindsey we already live in Kiveton Park and it really does not do it for us, the new builds are nice but the area is not worth paying the money for IMHO. Todwick is really nice but quite expensive and not much appears to come on the market there. Have also been looking at the smaller villages near us like Throapham & Laughton-en-le-Morthen which are nice.

I am sure we will find something! Thanks again to everyone.

Cheers,

Belinda

Chapletowns a nice area, and high green

I live at the other end of Kiveton thankfully away from the town but we back onto the railway line.

It's nice enough and fairly quite except for the trains but I don't feel as safe as I would like to (have a 3 year old) and I don't think much of the environment/community/shops, it's just lacking something. Not wanting to offend anyone who does live here...sorry.

Todwick & Harthill are much nicer but you get what you pay for do you. Wales feels much better than Kiveton but most of the properties there seem to get snapped up really fast.

Thats true Belinda - prices in Wales are rather higher than Kiveton, and to be honest I don't go into Kiveton much. A 3 bed bungalow on my road went for 140k a few weeks ago !

Dabouncer is Westfield really that bad? Have just put a deposit down for a house there because I thought it looked like a decent area, don't tell me its like Beirut :o