Coates Solicitors - HIPS

I recently used Simon Edis, his website is http://www.emidlandsproperties.co.uk. It only cost £225 fully inclusive of the EPC, and that was for a leasehold property. Very efficient and quick - the EPC was available on his site the same night he came to the house and the HIP was ready a couple of weeks later, once the searches were returned. Would definitely recommend him.

HTH.

A x

Coates excellent. Used them a lot over the past few years for conveyencing. All our family used them for wills too!

Praise where praise is due - Pauline is brilliant, down to earth and doesn't charge the earth. She's got a good team around her that know what they're doing. They respond quickly and get things done.

Well done keep it up!!!

Currently on the hunt for a decent HIP provider who's not charging the earth (400+vat, shame on you estate agents...), and who's not some cowboy likely to come up with a HIP full of errors etc. I just got off the phone with Coates Solicitors in mosborough (http://www.coatessolicitors.co.uk) as they seem to get a lot of praise around here.

They've quoted me £232 INC VAT. This seemed very cheap (the cheapest I've found including all internet based providers), so I queried it further and surprisingly, it has no tie in to their conveyancing services and they even broke down the charges to justify why they think most hips are overpriced. (£112 for searches, £55 for the Energy report, £6 for office copy, £58 for their fees). They even warned me to double check my agency contract to ensure I wasn't liable to pay a £50 admin fee for getting a third party HIP (as charged by Blundells, Saxton Mee etc).

Will most likely go for this, especially as they are local solicitors so hopefully should do a decent enough job - anyone have any experience with their HIPS? Any problems?

Pauline coates and her daughter lyndsey coates do all my family dealing can not rate them high enough :thumbsup:

Pauline coates and her daughter lyndsey coates do all my family dealing can not rate them high enough :thumbsup:

Well said, used Pauline for personal & business use found her & the team brilliant..

Hi

I use Pauline Coates for my business and you wont go wrong, I have not required "hips" but you are in safe hands

Guest pegmosaic

I also think that you get what you pay for, Coates are cheap and nasty

I've used them a lot in the past and totally disagree with this, do you have a vested interest in slating them off perhaps?

I also think that you get what you pay for, Coates are cheap and nasty

Blundells wanted to charge me 199+vat to check a HIP provided by a solicitor. I changed estate agents instead.

Blundells wanted to charge me 199+vat to check a HIP provided by a solicitor. I changed estate agents instead.

I always thought that it was £50 + VAT to check it! Seems very unreasonable! perhaps shows that they are trying to get all the money they can!

has anyone successfully argued that they should not have to pay the EA admin/checking fee when using a 3rd party HIP provider?

My EA didn't ask to check my HIP - I almost feel left out now, lol!

Ax

Hi there,

I used a company called uk-epc they charged £199 including vat the epc was done within 24 hours. Customer support was excellent. They had very good feedback on the clg site would recommend:thumbsup: