You and whose army? Carterknowle Road

There's a guy along there who collects them.

If its the same guy who has been there years, he used to teach me at school.

Perfectly nice chap who put an MGA engine in a Morris Minor.

Going back to jokes, my favourite Peter Kay gag was when he was talking about decorating, and getting his step ladders out. "Do you know," he said, "I really like my step ladders. I never got on with my real ladders."

It's the sort of joke that either has you rolling in the aisles (me) or leaves you stone cold (the missus).

I love that crap humour.

A guy walks into a pub with a lump of asphalt on his shoulder, he says to the bar man give us a pint and one for the road.

Tommy Cooper (again) :)

I saw them last night,wounderd what they were there for...seen them a few times now.

I bet his neighbours love him, I counted six in a row parked on the street today.

I pass by, there are usually two or three, but yes I also counted six on at the weekend.

They are Puch Pinzgauer and for some odd reason in my psyche, I am desirous of one.

Bit strange for someone who is a bit on the 'anti war' side of life.

There again, even grannies wear camo's these days :suspect:

There's someone else collects ambulances on a side street just off London Road

Noticed those too. Maybe someone never quite got over Dr Kildare? :D

i would imagine the ambulances are used at festivals and things like that, most of them are 4x4's

Some years ago the guy parked a tank complete with turret on that road. On that occasion I recall it prompted the council to warn him not to do that again as it wasn't a normal road vehicle and it shouldn't be on a public highway., it made a news item in the star anyway.

Some years ago the guy parked a tank complete with turret on that road. On that occasion I recall it prompted the council to warn him not to do that again as it wasn't a normal road vehicle and it shouldn't be on a public highway., it made a news item in the star anyway.

Sometimes I think Abbeydae Rd could do with a few more tanks.

Between Bannerdale and Abbeydale Road on the right going down the hill.

The camouflage joke was Tommy Cooper's :)

Alastair: As I said in my earlier post, I'm not disputing the fact, but just as a point of interest are you sure that the camouflage joke was Tommy Cooper's? I would have thought that Tommy was already dead by the time camouflage trousers became a fashion item.

I bet his neighbours love him, I counted six in a row parked on the street today.

What a weird thing to collect. There's someone else collects ambulances on a side street just off London Road

Anything is collectable - it's just this takes a large amount of space. If I had the money and space for me it would be police cars from around the world.

The guy with all the ambulances of London Road doesn't collect them they all belong to a private ambulance company.

Heh, we still use Pinzgauers (Vector) today in Afghan. Maybe we could borrow a couple off him?

The vehicles in question belong to my ex-landlord who owns a number of properties on Carterknowle Road and elsewhere - he collects them and does them up.

He and his friends often worked on them at the back of the house outside my bedroom window - happy days!

What a weird thing to collect. There's someone else collects ambulances on a side street just off London Road

I've always wondered about those, we used to speculate the guy was a medic for the mafia etc. :hihi: