Manchester Night Out

Hi all going to manchester in a few weeks and i am just wondering if anyone off here has been and where hte main bars are and what the clubs are like.

Mixed group of us music wise so something that plays dance,trance, rnb, indie etc..ont ask for much lol.

Will be grateful for any info, cheers.

Lot of bars down the Deansgate area and also some good bars in the Northern quarter. My favourite club is South which is Clint Boon's place but it's a nightmare to get in usually (I've queued for over an hour before) but it's so worth it once you are in. I like indie rock though and that's what they play in there.

hiya I havent been in a while and things like anywhere constantly change. It may be worth going to tourist info and asking the younger ones in there! Thats what we have done before. Castlefield is nice with a variety of pubs but is a bit out of town. There are a few clubs and late bars in Deansgate docks and deansgate (the road) is pretty busy. Have a great night!

don't touch peter street with a barge pole unless you are a big fan of chavs!! the northern quarter has some really funky bars and a good atmosphere. manchester tends to be in sections. deansgate has some nice bars and there are some good clubs off there too but ednakrabbe is right - south is a great club. you do tend to have to queue but if you ring up they may put you on the guest list. #deansgate locks is pretty good if you want an array of bars and they are all like mini clubs. they tend to have a bar with dj on one level and a dance floor with a dj playing dif music downstairs. pretty good to be honest but again as with most places in manchester, hope you don't mind queueing!!!

its not my cup of tea but the printworks and the club tigertiger is good for large groups ........the club i go to is north/venus on deansgate but that only plays house music and is open till 5:30.......full of people who tend to drink water???

Get down Canal Street mate - that's where you want to head for. It'll be a bit of an eye opener for any Sheffield Farm boys.

Hi all going to manchester in a few weeks and i am just wondering if anyone off here has been and where hte main bars are and what the clubs are like.

Mixed group of us music wise so something that plays dance,trance, rnb, indie etc..ont ask for much lol.

Printworks center, has pubs bars and clubs all in one building

get on

http://www.whathappenedlastnight.co.uk

This will tell you all you need to know about where to go for your music tastes. Majority of places in Mcr are great except for the printworks IMO.

don't touch peter street with a barge pole unless you are a big fan of chavs!! !

Printworks is the same.

jillys!!!!!!!!!

For anyone who is Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual (Me)/ transgendered, Manchester is Nirvana!

All the pubs, bars and clubs in the Canal Street area between Piccadilly train station, Oxford Road train station, and the Coach Station, are 'Gay' but many of them DO welcome 'mainstream' custom, although some of my fellow Gays do moan at times that there are too many 'straights'/'straight women' there... Many of the larger clubs offer entertainment, such as dancers and drag queens, and several of the bars serve excellent food. My favourite establishments include the pub style venues Napoleons, Paddys Goose and New York New York, which are favourites with the transgender/Transvestite/Drag Queen community, and if you are fine with colourful, exciting and unusual company, pay a visit to these sometime!