Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?

yep once a cheat always a cheat people dont change if they have done it once they will do it again

Yes, once a cheat always a cheat. My ex cheated on me and she has shown over and over again that she cant help but cheat.

She will say that she really likes this bf then a few weeks later someone finds out shes cheated

No offence but doesn't that just show that one particular human being (your ex) is still cheating -it doesn't show that she always will nor that everyone who has ever cheated will continue to do so indefinitely.

I think that once a person cheats on you they will probably continue to do so periodically, I don't however think that it means that they will cheat in a different relationship.

I think it's possible for people to change. There are plenty of people who did once but don't anymore and won't again. I agree with Medusa on the general principle that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, but it's onlya general principle and there are plenty of exceptions.

I agree with both Halibut & Medusa. However, I am one exception as my track record wasn't great yet have been 100% utterly faithful to my husband and had opportunities but have still remained true & will do till death us do part. That said I wouldn't personally trust someone who had a really poor relationship history.

I do, however, believe that everyone should be given a second chance. But it's whether it was an aberration or not that is the issue. Some people just refuse and are unable to remain faithful, my brother-in-law being a case in point yet my sister-in-law is still with him for some unbeknown reason. He is a real opportunist and has made it clear that he'd like to add me to his string of infidelities:gag:. He will never change and has little incentive to as his wife continually forgives him and blames the other woman rather than him.:huh:

I agree with both Halibut & Medusa. However, I am one exception as my track record wasn't great yet have been 100% utterly faithful to my husband and had opportunities but have still remained true & will do till death us do part. That said I wouldn't personally trust someone who had a really poor relationship history.

huh:

Well done so far but....Never say never..........

I haven't cheated on the missus either. And I wouldn't fancy my chances of pulling even if I wanted to. I was never very much good at that even when I was single. I think it was partly because my attempts to be subtle when meeting attractive women were usually betrayed by my tongue hanging out.

Well done so far but....Never say never..........

I haven't cheated on the missus either. And I wouldn't fancy my chances of pulling even if I wanted to. I was never very much good at that even when I was single. I think it was partly because my attempts to be subtle when meeting attractive women were usually betrayed by my tongue hanging out.

Well I suppose the real test then is whether or not you take the opportunity when it's presented to you. I haven't. And nor do I believe has he. Furthermore, if he had I'd much rather not know about it unless he were in love with someone else. Anyway I ensure he's always too exhausted to go sniffing around anyone else! 11 years together & still strong.

I'm quick, really quick ......... Just as our lass :hihi:

That's nothing to be proud of ;) ...:hihi::hihi:

That's nothing to be proud of ;) ...:hihi::hihi:

Is it wrong that I shout "I WIN" as well :hihi:

In all honesty i believe people can change if they want to, my fiancé was a serial cheat, cheated on every single one of his girlfriends before me, i only know this because we were best friends before we got togther, had we got together before being such good friends i wouldn't have gone anywhere near him if truth be told because i always believed people couldn't change.

However my OH has never and wouldn't cheat on me, i trust him 110% and he knows exactly what would happen if he did cheat on me :hihi:

Anyway I ensure he's always too exhausted to go sniffing around anyone else! 11 years together & still strong.

Here's to many more years of exhaustion. - Sounds like bliss to me.:D:thumbsup::mrgreen:

Nope i think a cheater can change, they grow up, mature, realise its not worth it. I know somebody whos 26 and is now engaged to his fiancee, who is also the first girl hes not cheated on in his life, and they are both blissfully happy.

I'll admit it, I have cheated of guys before - but what I realised is that it was just disrespectful. They didn't deserve to be treated that way.

Now if Im in a relationship and someone tries to tempt me, I sit back, take stock of the situation and ask myself if its worth it?

It never is, so thats why I don't do it now.

Its not nice and its not clever.

But cheating is crappy. I've cheated, I have been cheated on and I was also the 'other woman' - unknown to me at the time.