Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?

Theres a thread running about a cheating partner at the moment, and although Ive never been cheated on (That I know of) and I have never cheated, (Yet) quite a few people I know, including cheaters and the cheated on say that once someone cheated, they NEVER change their spots and if they get the chance, will cheat again and again.

What do you think, Bunny rabbits? CAN a cheater become faithful? Or are they like dogs who have tasted blood?

Can someone who is faithful be tempted into cheating?

DISCUSS OR ILL MAKE LOVE TO YOUR GOLDFISH!

Wouldn't that be cheating :D

Theres a thread running about a cheating partner at the moment, and although Ive never been cheated on (That I know of) and I have never cheated, (Yet) quite a few people I know, including cheaters and the cheated on say that once someone cheated, they NEVER change their spots and if they get the chance, will cheat again and again.

What do you think, Bunny rabbits? CAN a cheater become faithful? Or are they like dogs who have tasted blood?

Can someone who is faithful be tempted into cheating?

Let's hope it gets discussed then :shocked: (or is making love to fish not considered cheating?:suspect::hihi:)

edit: :rolleyes: too slow :hihi:

edit: :rolleyes: too slow :hihi:

I'm quick, really quick ......... Just as our lass :hihi:

Making love to other species is NOT cheating!

Its a hobby thats all!

Making love to other species is NOT cheating!

Its a hobby thats all!

What about proposing to every female (and every other male)? Doesn't that count as virtual cheating?? :hihi:

What about proposing to every female (and every other male)? Doesn't that count as virtual cheating?? :hihi:

Thats just me being an utter pervert. I cant help being what god made me, now can I? :D

I don't think that someone who cheats is automatically unable to be faithful in the future, but the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, so unless something has changed, some learning has taken place, then why should trust be invested in them?

I don't think that someone who cheats is automatically unable to be faithful in the future, but the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, so unless something has changed, some learning has taken place, then why should trust be invested in them?

I know someone who said that her bloke had cheated three times in their early marriage and had "Got it out of his system" so he didnt cheat again.

I wonder if he actually got it out of his system or became so practised at hiding his infidelities from her that she just THOUGHT he was being faithful...

I know someone who said that her bloke had cheated three times in their early marriage and had "Got it out of his system" so he didnt cheat again.

I wonder if he actually got it out of his system or became so practised at hiding his infidelities from her that she just THOUGHT he was being faithful...

Well- we'll never truly know the answer to that, will we?

The issue for me after being cheated on is not whether they would actually do it again, but how I would learn to trust someone who had cheated on me again? And if I'd managed to get over it and trust them again after the first affair, how would I feel when they did it again?

I make it plain- I do not share my partners. I'd rather they were honest and split up with me than going with someone else behind my back.

I think it's possible for people to change. There are plenty of people who did once but don't anymore and won't again. I agree with Medusa on the general principle that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, but it's onlya general principle and there are plenty of exceptions.

Yes, once a cheat always a cheat. My ex cheated on me and she has shown over and over again that she cant help but cheat.

She will say that she really likes this bf then a few weeks later someone finds out shes cheated