Breaking up with your partner

I think you would be daft to try again (IMO) as if you are not putting enough in then why does she want to try again? :huh: She watned her cake and to eat it!

Yes that is how it seems to me as well,I have decided I cant live with the feelings of betrayal I have and so I have decided its time to move on,better to be on my own that live with a cheater.

Personally? I don't think you would trust them again 100% completely. And a relationship without trust isn't worth a jot in my opinion.

Yes that is how it seems to me as well,I have decided I cant live with the feelings of betrayal I have and so I have decided its time to move on,better to be on my own that live with a cheater.

I think you made the right choice.Good Luck

Well, in that case you need to be really strong in order to see it through. Hard I know, as I've been there. Have had to walk away from a relationship with someone when we were both still desparately in love witn one another. However, I never regretted it.

A cliche I know, but is all character forming experience. You'll be a stronger person for it in the end.

Do you live together?

Once a cheat, always a cheat. Bin it.

Have some time on your own doing your own stuff, or all the things you wanted to do but felt you couldn't or didn't have the time etc....find some single mates and do things with them. talk to an unbiased person who will understand you etc...and before long you'll feel fine and happy in yourself again!

I have just decided to end my 2 yr relationship with my other half as I found out she had cheated on me,I wonderd if the saying is right that in time you get over the pain:confused:

I feel really down at this moment and I even thought of trying to forget about it but my pride wont let me,I really dont know what to do for the best.

Is it possible to make a relationship work after you have been cheated on? I would really appericate any advice from anyone who has gone through the same.

Been in a situation similar myself

Best to cry then wipe your tears and move on

In time you wil meet some one else who will apreciate you for what you are

U must of heard of the saying What goes round comes round am sure one day ur other half wil realise that

Personally, I would never forgive anyone for cheating. I have been on the receiving end before and it really does knock your confidence and self esteem when you find out someone has cheated on you. Besides, relationships are all about trust and if someone in that relationship breaks that trust then I cant see how it can possibly work from that moment on.

I worry where you come up with this stuff sometimes :suspect:

What was she into him for? Just sex? Or was her bit on the side fulfilling some emotional need for her? Companionship, perhaps?

Personally I think sex is over rated as a reason to break up - if I found out that Mr Babychickens had been poking random laydeez on random nights out I'd be absolutely blinkin' livid, but it wouldn't be the end of teh world because our emotional attachment isn't in question. We don't have an open relationship, but I certainly don't mind if he goes out flirting with other women if he enjoys it, because there's no doubt in my mind that he loves me. If, however, he actually formed a meaningful sexual relationship with someone else I don't think there's any way I'd forgive him that would enable our relationship to continue on pleasant terms.

Why not give yourselves the chance to work it out as a couple? She may genuinely love you and be genuinely sorry. Give yourselves 2 months, and if you still can't see any sign that you want to forgive her, then split up then.