How can I earn over £100K in Sheffield?

I've made a suggestion,but you don't seem to have picked up on it.

NO NEED TO CHANGE JOBS,NO NEED TO GIVE UP WHAT YOU ALREADY DO.

JUST RUN THIS BUSINESS ALONGSIDE ANY OTHER COMMITMENTS YOU ALREADY HAVE.

DON'T BELIEVE IT!

I HAVE BEEN WITH PEOPLE THIS WEEKEND WHO ARE EARNING FAR IN EXCESS OF £100K

This busines has only been going for 4yrs

No it is not a get rich quick scheme,but a genuine Perfume & Cosmetics retail business.

With a bit of hard work and motivation these earnings can be obtained.

http://hallmark1.fragrances.fm

My laptop is emitting a smell of pyramid scheme without clicking the link.

Is this poster having a laugh????

I come from down south and if i was earning 100k there is no reason to live up here?

Surely if your earning 100k then move your family down south and have a great life!

Up here you have beautiful countryside and a great atmosphere, a safe environment for your family adn children!!

What on earth is your problem - what a stupid post. living up here is half hte cost of living down south (seriously i moved here a year ago - property is cheaper, beer is cheaper and so is everyhting else) you don't need 100k living up here. In london yes, rent or morgage is 3 times as much and so is council tax and other costs of living, stop all your stupid driving back and forth, stop being so Bl@@dy stupid and showing off about your income and either enjoy life for what it is in Sheffield of bugger off down south and pay the stupid prices.

Me and my boyfriend were in the same position as you moving up from London and we have both taken paycuts down to 35% of what we use to make. Terrible but true. I guess starting your own company with a brilliant business idea is the best way to go...

Me and my boyfriend were in the same position as you moving up from London and we have both taken paycuts down to 35% of what we use to make. Terrible but true. I guess starting your own company with a brilliant business idea is the best way to go...

Not to pry, but why would you do that? The cost of living is 35% of London up here, at best it's probably 75%.

You are all nuts

Are you jsut all driven by money and nothing else>???!!?!

What about family, fun and good times.

I moved from down south and yes you only need half the money to live up here that you do down south so WHY are you trying to earn the same amount!!!

Surely that is jsut greedy

Property up here is less than half the cost of down south - restraunts are cheaper, beer is cheaper , hell - even council tax is almost half.

YOU DON'T NEED 100k - YES TO LIVE IN LONDON YOU MAY WELL DO BUT HERE LESS THAN HALF THAT IS MORE THAN PLENTY.

Stop being so greedy

Tricky had it right (StopnSmile also, but more vociferously :hihi:).

DippyDore, looks to me like you've finally realised you can't have your cake and eating it, so pick one and get on with it.

I faced exactly the same dilemma about 5 months ago overseas (with a much more expensive cost of living than even London!), then I decided to do something about it: I have now at least halved our living costs, we're back with a family + friends network, I have buckets more time to spend with my wife & kid, we enjoy proper roads/services/amenities, 99% less chancers in any context (business/shops/service providers/maintenance)... Just happy now, even with a 25% to 30% pay cut.

It's a decision only you can make, because only you can know if the benefit to your quality of life will offset the potential pay cut.

As an example I think that Manchester has a very similar cost of living to Sheffield, so this report

Based on the average composition of household spending across the UK, the cost of

living in London is 17% higher than in Edinburgh, and 23% higher than in

Manchester.

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/economic_unit/case_for_london/costofliving_report.pdf

Edit, looking at it the other way around taking a drop of more than 19% when moving away from London to Sheffield will leave you worse off in real terms if you don't also change your lifestyle.

Go to medical school and then work your way up to a senior consultant, so in around 12 to 15 years you will be earning about £100k.

I wish this was true. unfortunately the sociaty does not look after those who save our lives. GP's earn that kind of money by working only few days a week but the medic's in the hospital don't earn anywhere near that, unless they do private. For that they need to have time, which is not possible for the hard working one's that are committed to their job, and work 7 days a week till late.

Go to medical school and then work your way up to a senior consultant, so in around 12 to 15 years you will be earning about £100k.

I wish this was true. unfortunately the sociaty does not look after those who save our lives. GP's earn that kind of money by working only few days a week but the medic's in the hospital don't earn anywhere near that, unless they do private. For that they need to have time, which is not possible for the hard working one's that are committed to their job, and work 7 days a week till late.

It certainly is true of most consultants, and they'd probably object to being called medics.

Once Dumbledore has been sorted with his 100k+ earnings in Shanty town can anyone help me out? I am looking for tips on matching my current wage of

200k per year! I am a consultant for dreamers, jokers & WUM's and dippy-dumble-bore you are defo one of the above!

I never said I paid for 2 residences. I only pay for one - the other is paid for by my employer - i.e. hotel costs not a residence actually.

I thought that HM Customs & Revenue only allowed this type of expense payment for a limited period, and then you pay the tax on it or the expenses.