'Transfer In' appointment? Anyone else had one?

Hi Zebra, glad the appointment with the HV went well. Where-abouts have you moved to? I'm under Rotherham too and have found quite a difference - the healthcare seems to be a lot better. In my area (S26) the Health Visitor makes regular visits alternating with the Nursery Nurse. They've both become almost like friends I suppose.

My HV was telling me recently that they have very few child at risk issues in the area and they put it down largely to the close contact they have with children and parents, so any issues are identified very early before a problem arises.

Like you, I can get quite 'defensive' (if that's the right word) about people just arranging to come into my home. I guess i'm lucky in having a HV and NN who are really lovely. Certainly for me, and i'm guessing for others too, having the HV coming out to me saves me all the hassle of getting to the clinic, waiting around etc. A real bonus I think, though I appreciate everyone's circumstances are different and home visits may be more inconvenient for some.

Hi Bonny, we're in Kiveton on the new Strata development. How about you?

I agree the service does appear to be better though the approach was wrong, it's a shame to get it wrong at the beginning and only impress later.

I hate waiting in for people and prefer to zip out and go and do things.

I'm curious about if the low amount children at risk is down to service or other factors too. Where we are, and visually, it appears there are lots of new houses in the developments, high cost housing suggesting lots of professionals in the area. That again would suggest lots of nursery places and less parenting time and standards which are upkept in the home, at nursery and so on... just a thought.

TTFN