Hillsborough Park event-rubbish

Where did the money from admissions to this event go. As I presume that the traders at the event also had to pay to be there?

Some of the traders I spoke to were far from happy, about the small turnout when the organisers had suggested over 20,000. People coming out were heard telling people about to go in not to bother.

So it's the Mayfest.

No, Mayfest was a brand owned by Sheffield Events Company. It was organised by them, and promoted by them. Last year, Mayfest moved to Don Valley Bowl, and that was the last Mayfest they did, or plan to do.

Green City Days is a completely separate event, organised by completely different people.

I appreciate that lastlaugh, and that there are essential contractual difference but I'm sure that you will appreciate that my point is that to most Sheffield folk it's the same event really, it's "the do in Hillsborough Park at Whitsuntide / Spring Bank".

I wasn't inferring that the Mayfest people were invovled.

i am sorry but you are all maoning about how rubbish it was and how they all are, then why go in the first place, the only way things will change if people stop going and vote with their money and feet

It was the first time it had been held? How are you supposed to know something is rubbish when you've never been to it before? They had to pay their money to find out...

I cant understand why this event was not free?

Im sure more folks would have gone and perhaps parted £4-£8 at the stalls!!!

I also thought it was something to do with "hillsboro forum" and the City council!!

it was on one of hillsboro forum leaflets !!

Hillsboro park is at the center of lots of local communities and should be used more for "free" events im sure stalls etc could pay a % of there profit to who ever!!! if it was free

I would like to see a kind of open Market event like "thorsby market" think its called on bank holidays !!

I agree that more people would have gone in if it had been free.

Sheffield Fayre is being organised by the same people this year as has been in the past. I'm sure it'll be as good as ever.

I cant understand why this event was not free?

Im sure more folks would have gone and perhaps parted £4-£8 at the stalls!!!

I also thought it was something to do with "hillsboro forum" and the City council!!

it was on one of hillsboro forum leaflets !!

Hillsboro park is at the center of lots of local communities and should be used more for "free" events im sure stalls etc could pay a % of there profit to who ever!!! if it was free

I would like to see a kind of open Market event like "thorsby market" think its called on bank holidays !!

The problem with stalls giving profit is some of the stalls are not selling they are information stalls , even so they may have had to pay to have a stall in the first place , stalls that do sell some of them will be run by volunteers so if you have had to pay for the stall and have a % of profit to cause you end up with nothing for the organisation. Charging a % presents problems as there are stall holders who - alledgadly - cook the books to pay less.

I dont know what basis this event was done one of the problems at the moment is that councils bring in event organsiors to do these events they charge the courncil and to get it back the council autherise the event to be a charged one.

As someone else as said it is the first time this event as been held therefore it is a learning curve we shall have to see what form this event takes next year especialy as the lib dems have now taken control of the council

Hopefully GCD will not get their hands on Sheffield Fayre

Some of the traders I spoke to were far from happy, about the small turnout when the organisers had suggested over 20,000. .

Hopefully one of them was that pork spit roast stand thats at every sheffield event and does the worst excuse for a pork sandwich ever and charges nearly £4 for it!

According to their website "Geen City Day is a partnership project between Green City Action and the parks and countryside department of scc". Some partnership eh?