Hillsborough Park event-rubbish

i am sorry but you are all maoning about how rubbish it was and how they all are, then why go in the first place, the only way things will change if people stop going and vote with their money and feet

i am sorry but you are all maoning about how rubbish it was and how they all are, then why go in the first place, the only way things will change if people stop going and vote with their money and feet

We went but walked away :hihi: If the council wants to teach us about recycling then an information pack would have been better than the way they did it.

NOBODY will part with cash to listen to rubbish unless there is a gimic and the 'fun fair and bands' were it.

"NOBODY will part with cash to listen to rubbish unless there is a gimic and the 'fun fair and bands' were it."

obviously lots of people did

Four points/observations:

1-I would like to know why this 'event' was palmed off as a 'Green City Day' when it so obviously wasn't? How long have fairground rides and burger vans been 'green'?

2-Another problem for me is that any profit made (if there is/was any on such a Mickey Mouse 'event') does not get re-invested in the park where the event takes place. It goes into the parks coffers where it is inevitably re-distributed to the council's current park hobby horse.

3- I have attended many different events in many different parks and I believe that most people these days genuinely do not mind paying for quality. The last few years have seen the quality of park events plummet to the standard of the one organised by Father Ted on Craggy Island.

4-I don't normally agree with Nickmunich but he has some good points on this thread.

We went but walked away :hihi: If the council wants to teach us about recycling then an information pack would have been better than the way they did it.

NOBODY will part with cash to listen to rubbish unless there is a gimic and the 'fun fair and bands' were it.

I'd prefer it if the council gave us a recycling collection....

Are you trying to be funny? If you didn't attend the event how would you know how good or bad it was?

Well, the reason that we didnt walk away was that we knew that it was £4 each to get in but we thought that there would be more to do for £8 .It was not good and as I said before, you can get the same stalls on Fargate and pay absolutely nothing.It was a rip off.

Anyone have the attendance figures and i can then work out how much they made and ask where it will be spent?

What worries me is that "the organisers" of this or The Highland Fling might get (or have got) there hands on the brilliant and free Sheffield Fayre at Norfolk Park.

From what I understand the event in Norfolk heritage park, the Sheffield Fayre on August 24th and 25th, is not in any danger of becoming a "green city " event as it is organised by the Sheffield fayre commitee who are made up of friends of Norfolk heritage park, park rangers, and a number of local business men and individuals.

The other small scale event that is definetly staying free from "green city" involvement will be the Firth Park community festival 22nd June admission as stated on this thread is free with lots of local and regional entertainment, some small fairground rides, sports activities, school kids dancing and other stuff.

The only report I have had on the Hillsborough park event from a very reliable source who was providing a service on the event was that it did need a little more guidance and planning than it did have, and could certainly have benefited from more entertainment and activiites.

It was not a replacement for the "MAYFEST" it was an event to provide an activity in Hillsborough park over the bank holiday weekend where the "mayfest" had previously been.

It was not a replacement for the "MAYFEST" it was an event to provide an activity in Hillsborough park over the bank holiday weekend where the "mayfest" had previously been.

So it's the Mayfest.

Some people on here have slagged off Scott Barton in the past about Mayfest, but when that was held at Hillsborough Park at least the park was filled with plenty of things going off and was a proper show. Arriving at this new show and seeing the big grassed area in front of the car park empty gave a poor 1st impression, then the rest of it. you could walk round in 2 minutes and see everything, what a waste of £4. The organisers need their............. chopping off.

Any one on here who likes visiting shows, go to Rotherham Show in September, its massive with floral tents, bands playing, etc and its FREE. If it were £10 to go in, I would pay it, but Green City Days given the choice 2p and that would be day light robbery!

Are you trying to be funny? If you didn't attend the event how would you know how good or bad it was?

no but people have said that it was rubbish before and even before the event people were saying it was going to be rubbish so why go