Hillsborough Park event-rubbish

Many of the major footpaths are inaccessible (except if you want to pay up). If a landowner did something similar to a public footpath out in the Peaks, for example, there would be general outrage and the local council would be taking action.

yes they are. Yesterday we started off walking from the SWFC ground end of the park and got to the duck pond and that was it. We had to exit the park before the library then walk back in where the 'dog messing' corner is.

Anyways all this rubbish about getting in cheaper if you provide bus/tram tickets Pffff:rant:

Me and my kids walked from Longley Park , near the Lane top Netto(S5) to Hillsborough and we didn't get offerd any price reductions :mad:

Apparently you cant get in cheaper if you come in a car with bio fuel either. Pretty ironic as bio fuels uk where we get our fuel from were there endorsing the environmental benefits.

Anyways all this rubbish about getting in cheaper if you provide bus/tram tickets Pffff:rant:

Me and my kids walked from Longley Park , near the Lane top Netto(S5) to Hillsborough and we didn't get offerd any price reductions :mad:

how do you prove you walked?

how do you prove you walked?

How do they prove you didnt? your word should be good enough. Its a community event about the benefits of being greener and environmently friendly. It should have been free never mind having to prove how you got there. I would also like to point out that the majority of stalls there were mainly private sellers and companys, environmental or not. So you were basically paying £4 to be advertised at.

Well thats done it for me. We were going to go today but we've viewed the postings about it on here and decided not to bother. We're going to go to Meadowhall instead. It seems to have been a real PR disaster and a worthy replacement for Mayfest ; which was also rubbish, over priced and missing its target audience. Fox; are you involved with the organisers of it as you seem to be the only one defending it.

I predicted this event would flop way back. The people who come up with these schemes will never listen to other views, they just impose it on people, any other viewpoints are regarded as either negative,un-informed and critical so they go on the defensive. The usual suspects will be on here soon.

For example, I think there is a cycling promotion at the event but if you look at the roads in Sheffield (too hilly for anyone but the keenos) and the rest of the UK, they are mostly dangerous for cyclists, there is simply too much traffic and too much fast traffic for safe cycling. What parent is going to get their kids to go down Pensitone Road on a bike to school?

The event all seemed a bit random and not very well thought out.

i was going to go today, soo glad i felt ill this morning and didnt bother! sounds a right waste of time!

wasn't this event created by HallamFM< & council which says it all..

very badly organised , too expensive.no real attractions, and a failure as a making excercise because it was so badly attended. all in all a typical council run venture that was doomed from the outset. why does everybody vote in idiots to run the bloody thing.

anybody remember the FARM GROUNDS on every year free to get in and probably attended by half the population of SHEFFIELD AND EVEN the weather was good.

whoever organised the hillsboro fiasco should be sacked anybody who assisted should be looking for a new job because it was and is a complete and utter failure

ripped off again,radio hallam lineing their pockets once more.

makes ya wonder whos running this city ?

and whos getting the back handers ?

i rest my case

very badly organised , too expensive.no real attractions, and a failure as a making excercise because it was so badly attended. all in all a typical council run venture that was doomed from the outset. why does everybody vote in idiots to run the bloody thing.

anybody remember the FARM GROUNDS on every year free to get in and probably attended by half the population of SHEFFIELD AND EVEN the weather was good.

whoever organised the hillsboro fiasco should be sacked anybody who assisted should be looking for a new job because it was and is a complete and utter failure

Yeah the Farm Grounds used to be great in those long gone non PC days.It had boxing booths,bearded ladies,blokes diving into a saucer of water etc.

Brilliant day out.