Hillsborough Park event-rubbish

Just come back from Hillsborough Park.Had to pay £8 for me and my husband to get in to a park,with a fair.

Since when do you have to pay to get in to a fair with a few stalls.There was heeley City Farm and a few others like Greenpeace but you normally get this kind of think on a Saturday afternoon in Fargate and it costs nothing.What a rip off.

It is on again tomorrow and I would not recommend it.

Should have gone to Firth Park, bigger fair and its FREE to get in.

is it really that bad? are you suggesting its not worth the effort?

is it really that bad? are you suggesting its not worth the effort?

not at £4 per person to go to a carboot :rant:

its meant to be a replacement for mayfest? is it just a car-boot?

not at £4 per person to go to a carboot :rant:

Carboot buyers can get in free tomorrow but not into the rest of the event

erm car boot is free to get into, GCD is £4 per adult, free for kids.

Surely it should be illegal to charge access to a local park, if the local chavs were doing it, it would be classed as extortion.

My park, your park, our park.

No charge, its paid for by council tax

erm car boot is free to get into, GCD is £4 per adult, free for kids.

Is that for defintate...cos we had to pay to get into car boot today and out of the so called 80 car boot pitches there was around 20 cars!!Right waste of money to be honest!!and the GCD Event was very poor.Thought as we had paid the entrance fee we would have a wander...Lots of empty stalls....not impressed at all.Neither were the sellers the majority did not realise that the buyers had to pay to get in.Felt for the stewards tho...they were gettin some right grief...from one chap in particular!!!Not their fault they were just doin their job!

Surely it should be illegal to charge access to a local park, if the local chavs were doing it, it would be classed as extortion.

I walked past yesterday, and there is still free access to walk through the park, and the children's swings/play area is accessible. Plenty of room for anyone to walk their dog, have a picnic etc. Only part of the park is fenced off for the event.

Many of the major footpaths are inaccessible (except if you want to pay up). If a landowner did something similar to a public footpath out in the Peaks, for example, there would be general outrage and the local council would be taking action.