Swag furniture store

I have used swag for years, always been great with us and never had a problem with quality

Recently bought a solid oak dining table and leather chairs-not a mark on them and a great price. Really good,friendly service and delivery.

we have bought quite a bit of stuff, he is always friendly, stuff great we have got off him . we cant complain

I have been in two times now and must say Ill never go back, I found the man totaly unhelpful, he could not be arsed and was very rude and arragont. I left and drove straight up to the place behind asda in handsworth and they was like a breath of fresh air and was fantasticly helpful. Thats the place for me from now on. Shame as i liked the sofa at Swag but Im not handing my money over to that rude rude man.

ive been there the guy was not botherd. And the stuff is crap in there its very budget stuff. It looks like Argos stuff!! wanted buy from there because the guy got attitude problem. Hes not botherd i think too much money lol

I have been told its a quite a good store, We did originally go on a sunday but they were closed so we are having to go this weekend, hopefully he wont be rude and will have something decent we like.

What is the one called at handsworth and where abouts exactly is it? might as well have a look in both :)

I have been told its a quite a good store, We did originally go on a sunday but they were closed so we are having to go this weekend, hopefully he wont be rude and will have something decent we like.

What is the one called at handsworth and where abouts exactly is it? might as well have a look in both :)

Pretty sure its called furniture world, and is literally behind Asda. As you come from the parkway onto the roundabout at Asda, turn right just after Asda, and then turn right onto the 'business park' (think its called Portland business park)

We bought all the furniture (exc beds and sofas) for our house from there. Really good quality solid wood that you would find in the middle ranked chains (Barker and Stonehouse).

But the owner, David, is very arrogant and knows nothing about customer service. I once had argument with him in the store regarding a purchase. Also the dining room we bought started splitting along the join. It took over ten calls to get a replacement. :rant:

With regards to free delivery - they think that they are doing you a massive favour and David once stated this. But, this is included in the price and he isn't going into his profits to provide. It does pain me to line his pockets but they have good furniture but don't the beds or sofas because they look like something that Argos would stock.

Overall, if you can tolerate ****e customer services to get good quality furniture at a good price buy from here.

Pretty sure its called furniture world, and is literally behind Asda. As you come from the parkway onto the roundabout at Asda, turn right just after Asda, and then turn right onto the 'business park' (think its called Portland business park)

We might try there first as everyone seems to be saying its better customer service and they might help more with what we want, Thanks for the info :)

ive been there the guy was not botherd. And the stuff is crap in there its very budget stuff. It looks like Argos stuff!! wanted buy from there because the guy got attitude problem. Hes not botherd i think too much money lol

What a load of bullcrap nothing at all like Argos, we bought a Harveys leather suite, 3 reclining chairs (1 electric) and a reclining 2 seater setee (electric) total cost £1350. Identical suite at Harveys £5000. No problems at all with customer service very helpfull with all enquiries. As for the one at the back of the Asda most of the wod items we looked at there were damaged, veneer broken off or badly scratched.

Edited by mediman

We had no problem whatsoever and got a bargain on really good furniture (same line as in Ponsfords etc at 3x price). It's not a traditional furniture store - it's a clearance warehouse with all that implies, just go with a touch of caveat emptor in mind. Very friendly in store, and efficient delivery which arrived bang on the hour they said they would.