13 kids and wanting

Not my job, if it was I'd ask the Chinese government. They do a blinding job of regulating this type of thing by all accounts...

Not really. One the one hand, the 'one child' policy isn't anything like that. People are allowed to have as many kids as they like, they just get fined for more than one so rich people can have mega-broods if they wish, and a lot of ordinary people pay for another anyway. If you live in a rural area you may be allowed more then one 'cost free' anyway, likewise if your first child isn't healthy or if you come from a one child family yourself.

And on the other hand where it IS enforced strictly, you have some appalling abuses of human rights such as women being forced to give birth at a late stage and the child is then allowed to die. Or enforced abortion. Or infants being abandoned (ever wondered why so many celebs buy themselves a spare sprog from China?). Or even murdered.

All in all, China is a rubbish example.

What people conveniently forget is that a child does not 'ask' to be born and all the useless measures they come up with would only harm the innocent children. :roll:

That was an interesting program. I think its ok to have plenty of children if you can look after them properly without neglecting them as individuals and they have the benefit of having lots of brothers and sisters. I don't agree that you should keep having lots of children if you cannot afford to pay from them, and certainly not if it involves them living in cramped conditions.

However, I think 13 is maybe going to far. There are plenty of children who are already born who need loving homes, why don't they consider that if they feel the need to have a house-full.

That was an interesting program. I think its ok to have plenty of children if you can look after them properly without neglecting them as individuals and they have the benefit of having lots of brothers and sisters. I don't agree that you should keep having lots of children if you cannot afford to pay from them, and certainly not if it involves them living in cramped conditions.

However, I think 13 is maybe going to far. There are plenty of children who are already born who need loving homes, why don't they consider that if they feel the need to have a house-full.

Whilst I agree if they want so many children why dont they make a home for children that dont have one (infact some probably do). I dont think it is just about having a cute little bundle to love. I think it is also the loving act of them as a couple making a baby of their own together. In some cases anyway.

i think it's reasonable for the state to pay benefits up to 3 kids but they should notify the parents at their 3rd they're not entitled for any additional money should a 4th arrive

Up to 3??? No, 2 is fine (and only because 1 is a bit crap in terms of not having a brother or sister) - three kids for a benefit family is taking the p**!

I dont see it as a problem as long as though the children are brought up with love and care and not neglect.

I think the parents on this programme came across as very loving. The Asian gentleman should go into comedy he really made me laugh......"are you gambling"

The Asian gentleman should go into comedy he really made me laugh......"are you gambling"

Yeh, I found that funny too. He was a right character!

I only started watching it halfway through, but you only had to look at the women to see that producing an extra large family like that takes its toll. Two of them looked much older than they actually were. I honestly thought the one that was expecting her 12th was about 50!

Other than the muslim guy, whose wife was obviously fed up by the whole thing, I wonder if the men really wanted all those children. They were like a small army on the move. It'd be like having your own class of kids to look after ... :help:

the Asian man, had a Phd. I found myself wondering why he couldn't get a job.
He couldn't get a job because he was a total nutter. His poor, poor wife.

And what about the environmental impact of having the washing machine and dryer on constantly?

13 kids and wanting... birth control.

Maybe if the fellow took up comedy he'd have a little less time for procreative activities. Give it a rest, man!

I dont see it as a problem as long as though the children are brought up with love and care and not neglect.

Honestly, though, is it really possible for two people to give proper care -- not just meals, baths and clean beds but also love and individual interaction -- to that many kids? There just are not enough hours in the day to care for their physical, mental and emotional needs. Plus, someone needs to earn money for the household; that means at least one parent must devote time to working outside the home. Impossible, even with the best of intentions.

I would like to wish these families all the best with sue helen and john boy. But i hope they're paid for because i aint putting my hand in my pocket for someone else's children.

That asian man needs castrating. Awful, awful man. He has absolutely no regard for his wife's obvious suffering, she seems to purely be his baby making machine.