Fingers crossed for justice

A Sheffield man is facing a prison sentence after pleading guilty to twice raping a nine year old girl. Kevin Sockett of Millthorpe road Firthpark admitted the offences, between May 1st and June 6th last year on the day he was due to stand trial for the offencesd at Sheffield crown court.

The victim who cannot be identified, is now aged 10.

Sockett, aged 38, denied 16 charges of making indecent images, 1 count of possesing an indecent image, 1 offence of causing or inciting a child to engage in sexual activity and 1 count of causing a child to watch a sexual act-all accepted by the crown.

Sockett was remanded in custody until he is sentenced next month after pre-sentence report.

Having lived only 4 doors away from this freak for a number of years i just hope he gets the sentence he deserves. Whatever that may be.

Hopefully theyll bring back hanging just for this piece of crap. Maybe that way this girl wont have the thought of bumping into him later in life...

I think shes suffered enough.

State sponsored murder is not the answer, no matter what the crime.

Have you ever seen anyone put to death? I used to believe in the death penalty until I saw footage of a number of real executions. That changed my mind for ever.

He should get hard labour for a very long time though.

State sponsored murder is not the answer, no matter what the crime.

Have you ever seen anyone put to death? I used to believe in the death penalty until I saw footage of a number of real executions. That changed my mind for ever.

hes a pedophile, untreatable, what is society supposed to do with them?

personally Im a strong advocate for castration (physical not chemical) ... however if it was my daughter he had touched, i would gladly pull the lever/push the button or what ever they do for execution my self and feel no pity for him.

hes a pedophile, untreatable, what is society supposed to do with them?

Send him to prison.

I suspect after a while there he will wish he had been killed.

Send him to prison.

Not if he is sent to a prison whereby the majority of the inmates are of the same ilk, ie paedophiles/sex offenders - he will be amongst his own kind and then after a few years when he's done all the necessary courses he will be allowed out on parole.

That poor little girl has got to go through the rest of her life remembering what this animal did to her .

She has got a life sentence of torment because of him so it is only right that he gets a life sentence for what he did and i mean life - till he dies !!

And i agree with THE_DADDY that hanging should be brought back for people like him as well !

Send him to prison.

they get their own wing in the jails , they are housed with other vile monsters in their own little jail within a jail , they get favourable parole reports because the system doesn't want them . they should not be allowed to mix with other like minded animals .

total solitary is what they should get.

vile vile vile - I agree with pinklady, I'd have no problem killing him if he'd touched my child. I'd have no remorse at all.

maybe we should consider using paedophiles for scientific tests etc save the poor bunnies and mice!!!

Aye Ally Fraser would gladly pay to watch him swing.

I'd gladly see the death penalty brought back for scum like this, there are no extenuating circumstances as there can often be in murder cases, this is black and white - string him up.

vile vile vile - I agree with pinklady, I'd have no problem killing him if he'd touched my child. I'd have no remorse at all.

maybe we should consider using paedophiles for scientific tests etc save the poor bunnies and mice!!!

what about .... all the murderers/paedos etc kept in jail and used for spare parts .... you know, when a decent person needs a new kidney .... :D

and if they are very very lucky, i'll agree to anesthetic.

what about .... all the murderers/paedos etc kept in jail and used for spare parts .... you know, when a decent person needs a new kidney .... :D

and if they are very very lucky, i'll agree to anesthetic.

ah ha - yep another good idea;) - I'd be against the anaesthetic though!!!

Death penalty is required for scum like this.I do not give 2 hoots that do gooders think it is to inhumane. And it wants making an extremely painful death not quick and painless.He broke the law he did not think of this little girls rights It is time this country got its act together and go clean out and destroy the vermin that the do gooders are allowing to fester in our midsts.