It's a lovely day - let's go to Meadowhall!

Why do people do this? Sometimes when the weather's nice, I'll take the train somewhere for a walk or bike ride and find that, when it stops at Meadowhall, hundreds of people get out and choose to completely ignore the weather and spend the day in a stuffy, sweaty indoor shopping centre!

Even if shopping's your favoured leisure activity, when the weather's nice surely it's far more pleasant to do it somewhere in the open air such as the city centre?

Is this normal behaviour and is it's me that's the odd one?

How do you know they go to Meadowhall when it's sunny?

Oh, but they do, they do!

When I took my ma-in-law there every week, I noticed that it could be the loveliest day imaginable, and the place was absolutely throbbing with people!

I couldn't believe it. Why would anybody (except a sun-shy, routine-driven 97 year-old in a wheelchair) think that going anywhere indoors - let alone Meadowhell - was a nice way to spend a sunny day :loopy:

Because they suddenly realise that they don't have anything to wear! The jewels fell off last year's flip flops, their gucci sunglasses are scratched to buggery, the plethora of lime green items they bought last year look pretty awful now. They need St Tropez tanning cream, immac, a hat, sunglasses, handbag, tote bag, bag for putting a picnic in, bag for Jenny's wedding, picnic blanket, bag for Belinda's garden party, new towels, a book on gardening, a book on barbecues, a book on how not to buy a Jamie Oliver Book, a bag for Sheila's funeral, new season's lipsticks in 5 different shades, good god do you expect these people to actually get out there and enjoy the sun with no preparation? Are you mad?:rant:

Maybe cause when it's hot most people tend, like yourself to not go to meadowhall. So it's the only time you can shop without being surrounded by idiots.

Not that I'm calling you an idiot mind! Just a large percentage of the people who seem be in Meadowhall on the rare occasions I go are...

Because they suddenly realise that they don't have anything to wear! The jewels fell off last year's flip flops, their gucci sunglasses are scratched to buggery, the plethora of lime green items they bought last year look pretty awful now. They need St Tropez tanning cream, immac, a hat, sunglasses, handbag, tote bag, bag for putting a picnic in, bag for Jenny's wedding, picnic blanket, bag for Belinda's garden party, new towels, a book on gardening, a book on barbecues, a book on how not to buy a Jamie Oliver Book, a bag for Sheila's funeral, new season's lipsticks in 5 different shades, good god do you expect these people to actually get out there and enjoy the sun with no preparation? Are you mad?:rant:

Yes - and the women are even worst!! :hihi:

Give naturism a try and you won't need any of the above.

Give naturism a try and you won't need any of the above.

I didn't say me. I hate Meadowhall. I agree. The mentality of these people is amazing. I'm stuck in this shop and I'd love to be outdoors.

Come on Basil. Come and rescue me!:help:

Cos you have more than a string of £1 shops to shop at, you dont get people thrusting the big issue down your throat, dont get harassed to complete a market survey, the average shopper doesnt look or behave like someone out of Dawn of the Dead. Need I say more? I dont even like Meadowhell, but given the choice between that or the city centre, I know which I would choose :P

Maybe they go there for the air conditioning? I don't think 'sweaty' is an accurate description of Hell on a hot day - it's practically arctic.

Cos you have more than a string of £1 shops to shop at, you dont get people thrusting the big issue down your throat, dont get harassed to complete a market survey, the average shopper doesnt look or behave like someone out of Dawn of the Dead. Need I say more? I dont even like Meadowhell, but given the choice between that or the city centre, I know which I would choose :P

my bold. You sure? :)