Teachers' names at Hurlfield Boys

Does eneyone remember the teachers names at Hurlfeild Boys from 1964-66

Originally posted by Alan52

Does eneyone remember the teachers names at Hurlfeild Boys from 1964-66

yes i do lets start, egerton, houdmont, crawshaw, burke, march, greenhough, morton, sibury, kirk,fitzpatrick, machin, solley, marshall, edwards, jenning,s , oldale, standen, plus horace the groundsman, and i am certain i know you and your brother.

Originally posted by patchalan

yes houdmont, crawshaw, greenhough,marshall, edwards, jenning,

these were still there when i went in 1975....mr greenough reckoned he was the cousin of brian and jimmy of man utd fame.....no one belived him

Originally posted by kirky

these were still there when i went in 1975....mr greenough reckoned he was the cousin of brian and jimmy of man utd fame.....no one belived him

HE WAS THERE WHEN I WAS THERE AS HE WOULD SAY (YOU BOY),WAS KESTERTON THERE WHEN YOU WAS THERE?

Originally posted by mark1971

HE WAS THERE WHEN I WAS THERE AS HE WOULD SAY (YOU BOY),WAS KESTERTON THERE WHEN YOU WAS THERE?

yes he was:|

HE WAS THERE WHEN I WAS THERE AS HE WOULD SAY (YOU BOY),WAS KESTERTON THERE WHEN YOU WAS THERE? [./QUOTE]

definately not , cannot say if mr. greenhough , was a cousin of brian and jimmy . but i do know mr.sibury played rugby for wales and that a teacher called wolstenholme played in the amatuer cup final for enfield

Originally posted by patchalan

HE WAS THERE WHEN I WAS THERE AS HE WOULD SAY (YOU BOY),WAS KESTERTON THERE WHEN YOU WAS THERE? [./QUOTE]

definately not , cannot say if mr. greenhough , was a cousin of brian and jimmy . but i do know mr.sibury played rugby for wales and that a teacher called wolstenholme played in the amatuer cup final for enfield

and mrs jepson was well worth one as was mrs armashore:D

Originally posted by kirky

and mrs jepson was well worth one as was mrs armashore:D

we had to wait till dinnertime , to get across the field to the girls school

remember all the teachers that have been named with great fondness one teacher not named is the late mr bromby pe teacher get hit with the football in the lower regions he would say count them don't feel them

Bill Machin was a nasty piece of work. Very quick to dish out the cane, and I've never met another games teacher who hated football as much as he did. It was ALWAYS cricket. Even in the winter in the gym it was "Forward Defensive Stroke" over and over again. Also he wouldn't allow us to wear pants under our shorts, the perv.

When I left in 1968 some of the lads gave him a leaving present, they managed to accidently push him, fully clothed, into the swimming pool which had just been finished but was not officially open yet.

I thought, thank God I won't be seeing him anymore.....WRONG

I joined BT in 1968 (GPO Telephones as it was then) and they sent the apprentices to Granville College on a Block Release course (its like school, you go every day). Guess who we had for games ??? Yes, the perv himself.

Fifty percent of our class were BT and the other fifty percent from British Steel. There were some big lads amongst them but I warned them about Bill. I told them what he had done to me and others at Hurlfield, they said WE will sort him out.

The college had its playing fields up near Long Line at Dore and we used to be bussed up, while perv went in his car. He would send us cross- country running, all the way up Long Line, then right along the top road and down through the woods.

He would sit on his ass, then meet us near where the path ran at the side of the lake, saying "Come on hurry up" etc. when we were knackered and it really got up people's noses.

The Steel lads came up with a plan to sort him once and for all.

Six of them used to run together in 2 banks of 3. When they got near the lake it had to be 3 banks of 2 'cos there wasn't much room on the path or someone might slip down the bank and into the lake. They talked Bill into running with them this particular day, and got him nicely positioned on the outside just before the swing left towards the lake....... Guess who ran out of room, down the bank and into the lake ????

Have you ever seen such a sight when a totally unfit games teacher in one of those tracksuits that absorb persperation (and awfully lots of water if you get them wet) staggers up the bankside and tries to make it back to his car looking like he's pooed himself and everybody is creased up laughing at him.

When we got back to college, Bill tried to get those involved suspended, but as they pointed out no-one had pushed him, it was his own fault that he fell in the lake. He shouted out, "I'll get you, you Bs", and was heard by the Principle. HE got suspended and later left in a huff.

So it is true that good things come to those who wait.

Was at Hurlfield from 61 to 66.

Teachers?

Physics Chemistry, Pete Jennings

Maths , Jack Crawshaw

Geography, Stuart Greenhough

Scripture, Taffy Morgan

English, Peter Davies (think)

Tech Drawing, Brian Big Arse Standing

PE, Bill Machin

Woodwork, Cliff Thornton

Head was Len Egerton, great guy

Deputy used to be a guy called Lipton, about 7 foot tall, he left and replaced by Houdmont.

Agree with davep about Bill Machin. He was so unfit he couldn't even walk fast, totally addicted to making your life miserable.

Well remember the Forward Defensive crap, that and a loudly shouting, "Change Offffffffff"

Who else was in your class Alan 52?

Do any of you remember Paul Worrall. He was in my class and became Head Boy. It wasn't surprising as his father was Alderman Worrall, the Lord Mayor at the time. Now I'm not saying that there was favouritism, but.........