Well, I've had the meeting...

Union's don't always give unbiased advice (trust me I have experience of that) but CAB and ACAS are independent organisations so, whether your union advises it or not, contact them for advice.

It's a horrible situation to be in but it's easier to fight back from this (even if that means walking away) once you know all your rights - stay strong - we're here for you.

I'd second you on that one. A good while ago I was involved with a civil service case and their trade union reps were totally naff.

Hi Guys,

Just an update....

Been to the CAB and while they were help, they couldn't advise me on any employment realted issues, i have to go somewhere on the wicker, so waiting for them to ring me with an appt. Got an appt with SOHAS in a week or so, just to go thro things again. The union at work have been pretty crap to be honest, tho in defence i only recently joined, they did tell me that had i joined earlier they may have been able to head this off!! I tried to speak to someone there for the past 3 days and got nowhere, ended up having to ring HR and speak to the person who'd been in the meeting with us to find out what money i'm getting from work. I get paid this month (via cheque i think!) til 21st and then 8 weeks money in notice (or something like that).

Spoken to the mortgage comp and they suggest changing the mortgage payment to an interest only one for 6 months which would save us £100 a month and they see where i'm at. Loan /credit companies are no use and won't help at all.

Does anyone know what entitles you to council tax benefit?

I have been doing ok as i've had to keep busy but now i've a few days where i can't do owt or ring anywhere, i can feel i'm low already. Didn't help i've just been on a leaving do from "work" for an hour and everyone was sooooooooo nice and said they are really gonna miss me, i managed to hold it together til i got to the car, then the floodgates opened... hence i'm on here!!

Thanks for all the posts, i keep going back and having another read and they are really helping me thro, thank you sooooooo much.x.x

wondertec I just wanted to add a *hug* or two from someone who can relate to many issues you have there. Work constant worries, payments, wondering what I can pay when and I have suffered depression and anxiety too. LOL don't I sound a happy soul right now... but what I mean is there are other people too who can understand so don't feel alone :)

A basic rule is no one can have what you haven't got. I had a card company (which had gone onto debt collection) really pestering me for payment. With work hit and miss I really couldn't pay their demands. Offer them a 'token payment' (in my case they wanted about £200+ a month but I explained my situation of not working and they accepted £20 a month) so don't let them bully you into massive payments as they will try. So long as you offer 'something' they can't really refuse. This I believe will also apply to loans etc... you really can't be left with nothing. No court in this land would allow it.

So from someone also struggling right now with this and that.... I sincerely wish you so well :)

xx

Hi Wodertec,

I don't know if you read my repy to your original thread? I'm sorry that you have lost your job, but don't panic.I think that something better suited to your current situation will present itself to you.

Please don't think about what friends and family might think, they are NOT you, they don't know what your life is like, no one can truly know, only you.It is what you think about yourself that matters, and I am sensing that you are pretty down on yourself at the moment...Don't be. Everything happens for a reason, maybe this job wasn't your destiny, and if you have been ill through depression, maybe it wasn't the best position for you at this time.Write to your mortgage supplier, tell them what's happened. Do you have mortgage insurance?..Where if you fall out of work, they will pay your mortgage for twelve months?If not, be honest with your lender, they will help you if you don't leave it until you are in a mess.

Believe in youself, ok, so this has gone pear shaped?Learn from it and move on. Best of luck .

Just sat on the comp trying to type up a cv, been a while since i've done that!! Feeling very down today, don't think it was a good idea to see eveyone last night but i wanted to at the time.

I want to ask..... what do i say in interview when they question why and how i left my last job? I can't lie... can i?

what do i say in interview when they question why and how i left my last job? I can't lie... can i?

You felt like you'd gone as far as you could at that place and wanted a new challenge. You decided to take little time out to assess the situation.

If they need a reference, is there a manager there who was ok and would give you a good write up?

Hi Wondertec,try to stay strong mentally.Things WILL work out eventually.

Take every day as it comes and don't let the b*st*rds grind you down.

Everyone on here wishes you well and will help as much as they can.

Good luck. :)

Yep, got 2 people at work whom i've asked to be my references and they have been great about things, so i know that i will get excellent references from both. thank god.