Any one from 63/71 Thorndon rd Pitsmoor?

Hi, I did remember Margaret Broadbent, she lived further down the road to me but I do not know what became of her. There was another family that lived sort of opposite the Broadbents my friends Roy Kinlock & his Brother Neville. A long shot but they may be a possible lead. Good luck.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 18:35 ----------

Hi, yes Gordon did go to Bents Green School (when he went) he just did not like school. He was a friend of mind he lived a few doors from me on my side of the road. He was in the same class as I at All Saints C off E School just over Peter Street. We then went to Burngreave School For Boys then we both left after barley a year there.Gordon went to Bents Green & I went to Whitley Woods School.

Great, thanks Grave Lurker, much appreciated!

Hi, I did remember Margaret Broadbent, she lived further down the road to me but I do not know what became of her. There was another family that lived sort of opposite the Broadbents my friends Roy Kinlock & his Brother Neville. A long shot but they may be a possible lead. Good luck.

---------- Post added 12-07-2013 at 18:35 ----------

Hi, yes Gordon did go to Bents Green School (when he went) he just did not like school. He was a friend of mind he lived a few doors from me on my side of the road. He was in the same class as I at All Saints C off E School just over Peter Street. We then went to Burngreave School For Boys then we both left after barley a year there.Gordon went to Bents Green & I went to Whitley Woods School.

Yes thought he did, I remember him being rather quiet and timid, probably because as you say he did'nt much care for school!. Any idea what he went on to do in life?

I am looking for an old mate who lived at 57 Thorndon Rd his name is Jack Worrall any one know him and his where abouts

If it's the same Jack who had a younger brother Roy, I believe he settled in the Blackpool area (after marrying a girl in that area). (Not sure address would have been 57 , but further along towards Lyons Street)

Good luck with trying to track him down.

The family moved onto flats on Andover Street after Thorndon Road was demolished. Roy married a girl from Rotherham (and I'm told has died), but they had a son who will be approaching 35 now.

lived on thorndon rd was knowed as wood then lived next to scotts went to bents green school and elesmere and berngreve and all st

Hi, I lived on Thornton rd, with Longhurst family, think it was 65, I went to Bents Green School my name then was Roberts, do you know me?

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 22:41 ----------

yep thats me, lived on edgar street and lyons street. you will know the longhursts then

Yes I married Ronnie:)

Hi Pitsmorian,

Give me your surname, if you want pm me, yeah Alan was the youngest one

a bit too young to be knocking about with us 'bigguns', did you get what I said about Angela used to live at 49, so you would not have known her.

Thanks for keeping in touch

Ciao, Ian

The Brearley's, all the kid's were boys were; David (eldest). Peter, Alan, Stephen, and John. Their father was killed from falling debris in the gale of 1962. They lived on Lyons St. between Edgar Street and Thorndon Road. (Some of that I may have got right!)

Edited by stpetre
ex

A real long shot but I am trying to trace Margaret Broadbent who lived at 53 Thorndon road, Pitsmoor in he 60s-70's. Can anyone help, I am a distant relative. She would be about 56 now (as of 2013). Thanks.

Ian Broadbent was out best man, but we lost touch with him, sorry

Thanks sylvia001.:)

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 18:46 ----------

Hi Sylvia 001 - do you know what was Ian's relationship to Margaret?:)

Thanks sylvia001.:)

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 18:46 ----------

Hi Sylvia 001 - do you know what was Ian's relationship to Margaret?:)

Yes they were brother and sister

I used to make delivery's to that street early 60's and remember a few names. Dyson's , Colley's (the tripe shop people), Mangham's, Wright's (who had a haulage business) and Oates' (at the Sutherland Road end)

Can I be cheeky and ask what distant relative you are? She is my Auntie.