If Your Child Were Gay...

hey ninja, hows it hangin :)

Id ask why they had these tendencies

with all due respect ninj, this would be like asking why a black man is black.

they just are. there is no choice involved.

I find the actual act repungnant, less said of it the better

are you talking about anal sex dude? because then it becomes an issue about sex. full stop. because many men and women engage in this aswell.

Finally, i would mention that the sin of Homosexuality is abhorrent to the Divine being who made him in the first place

i disagree with this statement. my religion is buddhism. and buddha loves all and judges none.

The example of the Prophet Lot being a perfect moral character to observe. He didnt indulge in the fantasies of sodom, and what came to pass happened, the village was flattened for disobeying the laws of creation. His steadfastness and abuse he received would be a shining beacon in todays age, as were all prophets

are you quoting from the old testament dude? what relevance does a book, written thousands of years ago, have today in our modern 21st century lives?

none.

Peace

absolutely :)

A bit of a non-issue for me. If she turned out to be gay, then she would have just turned out to be gay, that's all. End of story.

i agree with horribleblob :).

as a parent, i would want my child to have an easy life. and i can understand why some parents struggle with this.

but there are far more pressing issues in this world than who my child is in love with.

as long as it was a good person, who took care of them, i would be thankful.

Not a problem at all.

Everyone so far seems pretty ok with the idea. However I have friends who were disowned by their families when they came out.

So are the good folks of Sheffield forum unusually understanding or are there lurkers who are not speaking their mind for fear of being non pc????

Its not the lurkers thats the problem its the posters who are saying.."t wouldnt bother me"..its most of those who are being pc..just for the sake of it,granted they will still be your sons and daughters and I can accept that but to say,in these numbers,that it wouldnt bother them is complete B/S

I find the actual act repungnant

Even if it's two ladies covered in baby oil, surely not ?

Even if it's two ladies covered in baby oil, surely not ?

*reaches for blood pressure pills* :D

errm even though I don't take them...

Its not the lurkers thats the problem its the posters who are saying.."t wouldnt bother me"..its most of those who are being pc..just for the sake of it,granted they will still be your sons and daughters and I can accept that but to say,in these numbers,that it wouldnt bother them is complete B/S
The pressures of political correctness, and the screaming attacks that would come from an honest admission by anybody that they find homosexuality to be deeply wrong, cause people with honest traditional views to keep quiet.

I'd be gutted, but hope for some kind of cure for the condition to be developed.