If Your Child Were Gay...

A mate of mine always says he wishes there were more gay men, as that would leave more rampant totty for the rest of us!

I would suggest that your mate is probably a repressed homosexual.

I'd only be disappointed in my child if they grew up to be football fans, in which case I would disown them.

I'm going to keep having fantastic kids until I have one that I don't think will be gay. I WANT GRANDCHILDREN, DAMNIT! Not sure how I'm going to work out which are gay when they're still young enough that I can have more, obviously, but I'm sure I'll work something out. I don't mind whether they're gay or straight other than the grandchild thing - I'm never going to be having sex with them, so why would their preference be of any great interest to me?

My only hope is that he'll never be a transexual or a transvestite because even with the best surgery/makeup/clothes in the world he's still going to look like a man in a dress :help:

I'd only be disappointed in my child if they grew up to be football fans, in which case I would disown them.

Not like football!

Are you gay?

It wouldn't bother me, I would love and support them no matter what.

Not like football!

Are you gay?

That's the sort of comment a repressed homosexual would make.:P

22 handsome young men in tight shorts running around a field with hard tackles flying in all over the place? Why on earth would someone gay want to watch that?

..... so what ;)

That's the sort of comment a repressed homosexual would make.:P

22 handsome young men in tight shorts running around a field with hard tackles flying in all over the place? Why on earth would someone gay want to watch that?

And here's you who goes every Saturday!

What would you do if your kid, when they reached...ohhhh lets say 18 or over, came to you and announced they were gay?

What would you do? OH GOD, WHAT WOULD YOU DOOOOO!?!?

Me?

Im not sure that it would bother me as long as they were happy, but bugger me! (Pardon the pun) I want to know about YOU!!!

I'd like to think I might have had an inkling before I was told - so it wouldn't be a huge surprise and certainly not a problem.

wouldnt bother me at all.

I always laugh when I think of my mums reaction to my sister coming out - "I don't mind her being a lesbian but I do wish she wouldnt wear those blimmin braces"

Not a problem at all.

Everyone so far seems pretty ok with the idea. However I have friends who were disowned by their families when they came out.

So are the good folks of Sheffield forum unusually understanding or are there lurkers who are not speaking their mind for fear of being non pc????