How long does it take for a speeding fine to come through?

Its just strange to waste money on a camera where if someone did get caught speeding and took his/her case to court it would no stand up

Well this is exactly the bit I'm struggling with. I don't understand how anything other than "the speed limit was not being broken" can prevent a conviction. If it can, it damn well shouldn't be able to.

:huh::huh:

hmmm...Yes they are. I can think of 2 straight off. Abbeydale Rd (junc Archer Road) and Upper Hanover St (junc Glossop Rd).

I don't think they are as I have admittedly broken the speed limit (anyone wishing to comment in this can p*****f) numerous amounts of times at night and the early hours when driving up Abbeydale road and never recieved a fine.

No its been there ages its on the opposite side of the rd as if you heading back in to town,theres like loads of lights and its just before the light and i think theres a pdsa animal place on this big like cross rd

It's near the railway arches I think, at the side of Lookers new place (which used to be Ford dealership) goign towards either town or round to Attercliffe rd.

if it does not come through with in 14 days then it's not valid. Mine arrived in 2 days!

It's near the railway arches I think, at the side of Lookers new place (which used to be Ford dealership) goign towards either town or round to Attercliffe rd.

Yer thats the other further down the grey one im on about is on brightside lane its all grey just before some lights.

So if there arent markings on the rd whats that mean?

I don't think they are as I have admittedly broken the speed limit (anyone wishing to comment in this can p*****f) numerous amounts of times at night and the early hours when driving up Abbeydale road and never recieved a fine.

So you are agreeing with me bchoc.... there's a slight confusion with the 2nd post.. (perhaps on my behalf I think)

no grey cams are just for red lights.

has a different meaning to ..

and no, grey cams are just for red lights.

I was saying 'yes they are' to the top one. Meaning grey cameras the are just for red light jumpers. :)

Well this is exactly the bit I'm struggling with. I don't understand how anything other than "the speed limit was not being broken" can prevent a conviction. If it can, it damn well shouldn't be able to.

The cosine effect could result in someone who was doing the speedlimit getting done for speeding as the cosine effect means that the recorded speed will not be correct.

Ash - you are correct, my grammer was lacking but the post was in the early hours of the morning. I knew what I ment anyway! :hihi:

The cosine effect could result in someone who was doing the speedlimit getting done for speeding as the cosine effect means that the recorded speed will not be correct.

Ash - you are correct, my grammer was lacking but the post was in the early hours of the morning. I knew what I ment anyway! :hihi:

No probs, I wasn't picking on your grammar, after rereading I think we were both saying the same thing. :hihi:

So what would you say a speed camera means with no markings on the road because speed ones usualy do :S

It's legal to break the speed limit on a bend? :huh:

No, but you can't get an accurate measurement with a speed camera on a bend and so they should never be situated on one.