How do you go bankrupt?

I didn't do what you do (trying to stir trouble) i came on here for advise, so like i said if you have nothing to say other than insults then please do not post on my thread

Kat2008,

Just ignore the idiots on here - you get used to them after a while!

Take the advice of the poeple who've been helpful, sort your debt out, put it all behind you and learn from it. Not much more you can do really! There are more people in this country with probably much more debt than you!

Kat2008,

Take the advice of the poeple who've been helpful, sort your debt out, put it all behind you and learn from it. Not much more you can do really! There are more people in this country with probably much more debt than you!

thanks for that :)

Kat2008,

How long has commenting on bad debt made someone an idiot? I would think that when Kat has sorted this problem she will then be well qualified to make similar comments herself.

A lot of people manage their debts fine until a partner leaves or dies, or until the firm they work for goes bust, or until they set up a company which subsequently folds, or until their foot gets run over and they are unable to work, or until their credit card company turns their 0% deal into one at 27%.Its not always possible to predict the future.

The courts won't allow you to go bankrupt if they think there is any other possible way to pay back your debts, and they will come down on you like a ton of bricks if you have done anything fraudulent.

Well you can go bankrupt if Sheffield City Council press you for unpaid Council Tax - they are the most significant creators of bankrupcy in the city - ask the Official Reciever - while on one hand they appear to provide lots of back to work advice for the unemployed and low incomed they are simultaneously crippling people with some of the most agressive debt persual in the country.

If you've been a victim contact the Local Government Ombudsman.

I am truly amazed by how many people here know so much about bankrupcy....hmmmm

Hmmm indeed - its not normally at the top of peoples Cv but just think how much misery and desperation this means there is out there .... hats off to the hard working debt counsellors many of them voluntary