Scissor Manufacturer

I am keen to know if anyone has any information about Frank Turton Scissors which was at 72 Arundel Street - the building still exists as Butchers Works and is now being renovated, but it's the old company I am interested in!

Do you know anyone who worked there? Do you have any Frank Turton scissors at home? Perhaps you even came across Frank through Sheffield Ramblers, the YHA or Sheffield photographic society? Or did you know his son Vic who ran the firm for many years? Would love to hear any titbits of information.

I don't know much about the company, but I know it was taken over by Eric Stones but Eric wasn't able to make much of a success of it. My father took over the old Turton hardening shop and did work for Eric and others. PM me if you want Eric's number and it can be of help.

I am keen to know if anyone has any information about Frank Turton Scissors which was at 72 Arundel Street - the building still exists as Butchers Works and is now being renovated, but it's the old company I am interested in!

Do you know anyone who worked there? Do you have any Frank Turton scissors at home? Perhaps you even came across Frank through Sheffield Ramblers, the YHA or Sheffield photographic society? Or did you know his son Vic who ran the firm for many years? Would love to hear any titbits of information.

HI Gill I was Frank aka (Tony)Turtons brother inlaw he was married to Brenda,H eworked there for years, but divorced some years ago.I still see the twins & Tizzy

I don't know much about the company, but I know it was taken over by Eric Stones but Eric wasn't able to make much of a success of it. My father took over the old Turton hardening shop and did work for Eric and others. PM me if you want Eric's number and it can be of help.

Thanks very much for your reply. My granddad Frank was the founder of the company and my father was Vic, his son, who ran it till his death in 1964, when his brother in law Basil Frith took over. I understand from a conversation with Philip Wright, son of Ernest, who Eric Stones now works for, that Eric took over after Basil gave up. I would appreciate his number. If you have any other information I would be grateful - just a few titbits? My brother and I are interested because there may be a plaque put up in the newly renovated Butcher's Works to commerate Frank Turton's. Is the Frank you refer to his nephew maybe? We know so little about the past. Best wishes

Hi GillTurton yes I think he was Franks nephew,he lived on the Wybourne for years & he and my sister inlaw got divorced, he remarried & has a son,his daughter Lisa lives around the corner from me,if you need his address I will get it for you.Cheers Tosh13.

ps he works at Jack Adams engineering now.

Yes, please, tosh13, I would like Frank's address

Ok GT I will get it for you.

Yes, please, tosh13, I would like Frank's address

Hi Gill and Tosh, Hope you are both ok, Im franks (Toni's) wife arlene, we have been married now for nearly 16 years, would be great if we could keep in touch. PM me Gill. xx