Badminton or tennis

A heated discussion has arisen in our office I think that Tennis uses more arm force and resilience compared to badminton e.g. More effort to get a Tennis ball across the net than a shuttle ****.

Thoughts please.

A heated discussion has arisen in our office I think that Tennis uses more arm force and resiliance compared to badminton e.g. More effort to get a Tennis ball across the net than a shuttle ****.

Thoughts please.

Definately Badminton!

Shut up Steve your sat opposite me

Quite clearly, because the shuttlecock has less weight than the tennis ball and isn't as bouncy/springy then you have to put more force into hitting the shuttlecock.

We're talking about arm movement people of Sheffield, not all round workout!

Everyones thoughts..............................

Tennis surely - not only is the ball heavier, so is the racket!

(or so was the main concensus of my office, who are now all talking about this)

thank you Floyd it makes sense doesn't it.

thank you Floyd it makes sense doesn't it.

It does, yes. Steve - you're a fool!

Tennis surely - not only is the ball heavier, so is the racket!

(or so was the main concensus of my office, who are now all talking about this)

Are you stupid? If you hit a tennis ball with the same force as you do a shuttlecock it would end up out of the court.

Look at it this way, you would have to use more force to hit a shuttlecock a certain distance than you would a tennis ball the same distance.

Point Proven!!!!

It's actually Badminton. As a player of both sports, there is more force needed in badminton. The shuttlecock is less receptive and needs urging over the net. In theory you could hold a tennis racket still and if the ball was the right type, and came at you with speed, it would bounce back of the racket.

Badminton is all in the wrists.

It's actually Badminton. As a player of both sports, there is more force needed in badminton. The shuttlecock is less receptive and needs urging over the net. In theory you could hold a tennis racket still and if the ball was the right type, and came at you with speed, it would bounce back of the racket.

Badminton is all in the wrists.

Thanks Adam

But you don't always measure force with distance especially in this case also it's not just hitting the ball it's the game overall. So looking into the aspect of resilience as mentioned in my post it takes more resilience to stop a Tennis ball than it would a shuttle ****.

"Badminton is all in the wrists"

Well the post is about arm movement so that answers it?