The Margaret Thatcher megathread- all discussion in here please

Is thatcher the greatest leader of our time?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is thatcher the greatest leader of our time?

• Yes she was, Scargil was a greedy boy!
    • No she wasn't! I love Scargil!

If you want to see a long line of people spitting at her coffin as it goes past then have a state funeral.

What if she doesn't die? This will all be accademic then.

Ah - this is for arrangements after she dies. I get it now.

Am I the only one who was working on the assumption she was being buried alive, and we were just sorting out the details?

Ah - this is for arrangements after she dies. I get it now.

Am I the only one who was working on the assumption she was being buried alive, and we were just sorting out the details?

No you can't bury people alive, it causes resentment.

If you want to see a long line of people spitting at her coffin as it goes past then have a state funeral.

Seriously, you would think the powers-that-be would be concerned about this happening.

It really wouldn't look good on tv, a mass-spit at the old witch

StarSparkle

Seriously, you would think the powers-that-be would be concerned about this happening.

It really wouldn't look good on tv, a mass-spit at the old witch

StarSparkle

Maybe they have more faith in humanity?

Little Buzz

I think it is a wonderful idea to give us all a days holiday to celebrate her death!!

How can such level minded decent people have such contempt when it comes to Thatcher?

Because she showed no decency, humanity or kindness.

StarSparkle

Maybe they have more faith in humanity?

Little Buzz

Do you think? :rolleyes:

More likely the place will be snided out with police, troops-in-mufty and security service personnel - there almost certainly won't be an ordinary member of the public allowed in the first few rows of the crowd, unless they're Chair of some Conservative association or other.

StarSparkle

Wheres the link to support a state funeral? ........... Her leadership is legendary ... what a woman, Britian owes her so much, just a shame there isnt a younger maggie out there waiting to clear up the crap labours left in its wake

Thatcher deserves a state funeral for sorting out the communist led Trades Unions who wanted to change society by manipulating the working classes.

It's to our great shame that we have since allowed them to infest all walks of life in society in order to change it from within.

No, the same greedy type of idiots who have just screwed up the economy now with the credit crunch screwed it up back then. Much as is happening now, large companies (eg. British gas etc.) were allowed to try and pass their losses to the general public by putting up their prices. However, workers in the public sector were supposed to further absorb the brunt of the recession by accepting lower than inflation pay rises (much as is happening now).

No doubt, if there is a wave of strikes in the near future, in 20 years time the capitalists will be blaming the recession on the unions.

Because she showed no decency, humanity or kindness.

StarSparkle

Come on, she was a politician - none of them are particularly blessed with those qualities!

Little Buzz