Any 1 went 2 tapton school? 1964 2 1968

eny one out there?

I use to go to Tapton 1963 - 1967.

You would have been in the 1st Year and me in the 2nd year.

Remember well the cross country run they use to make us do - even when it was snowing

starting off on the top field, down the gully which was then behind the cycle sheds, through the lower playground and down Tapton Park Road where it joins Ranmoor Road, up Shore Lane and through Crosspool, down Darwin Lane and back to the changing rooms

what a run it use to be !

Also remember the tech drawing teacher whose hobby it was to dish out the cane whenever he wanted to......many times I was called out to the front of the class and given a stroke of the cane on both hands......could hardly hold the pencil to do my drawings after that !!

I left school (Tapton) Christmas 1962 ( I think it was the last of pupils leaving at Christmas time), but the same cross country route applied then.

I also was no stranger to being canned by numerous teacher's, after a while it beame a joke.