Hinde House School leavers 83

Hiya any one leave hinde house in 83

what you all doing now?

I left in '84 :)

hiya can you remember mr inman and mr batty

when i left i was in mr basfords form but heard he died not long after, i had mr carr for music, mr sykes for re, was he weird or what. i was in sorby, the tropheys were kept in cabinets in the upper hall, when we first started at hinde house you tried your best to get these points for your house, but that soon wore off.

can anyone remember the half covered shelter that ran from the lower to the upper school and being bombarded by snowballs in the winter whilt getting from class to class.

hello i was supposed to leave in 83 but stayed an extra year to do a btec course spent most of last 20 years making spa baths but undertaker now must have got it from staring out the upper school windows instead of doing geography

i can remember doing art and we had to draw tinsley viaduct and gas tanks, when i came back the next week to finish it the tanks had vanished, that was when i learnt they moved up and down. well nobody told me

I saw MR batty a few months ago at a Funeral he hasn't changed much. I was in MR Ellis' form and we painted a mural on the classroom wall in the lower School. Do you remeber Mr Abrams phisics teacher. met a few years after leaving in a wmc watching brother inlaws band one new years eve that was a weird night.

also mrs batty worked there at the same time and used to threaten to send us to him if we didn't behave. remember mr abrams what about mr civico used to be tecnition in metlle or woodwork now works at city school , saw him at my daughters open night.

i was on about the half covered shelter leading from lower to upper school earlier, how we had to dodge the snowballs in winter. Also the houses we were in, i was in sorby, when we first started everone tried to collect as many points as they could but that soon wore off , it always seemed to be the same people who got them.

hi nuttycow, so what did you get up to after leaving hh

:).......................

became a mum, i was a early starter, but now my kids are all grown up first i did part time doin dinners at the fat cat pub and now im a domestic helper, not much difference there i know, still claening up after people. lol lol

Do you remember the gennel blocks, always on way home from school in the last gennel leading onto shiregreen lane. and cross contry all the way round shiregren cemetry and back down past the golf course and then round the field , sometimes in the snow , soon started forgetting the pe kit