Basketball teams

Hi,

wondered if anyone knows of any local league bball teams who could do with 2 new players?

have been playing national league and looking for something more local and midweek

cheers

you'll be lucky. ive been trying without success for over twoyears on this forum to try and find somewhere to play.

mind you we'd only need a few more people to form a side, and if we could find a league to enter. . . . .

They won't come looking for you. Get yourselves down to the EIS on Thursday evening and ask the teams playing in the Central Venue League, lots of teams and most would welcome new players.

Alternatively speak to the councils liason officer who will put you in touch with the League Secretary.

Not difficult but you have to get off your a**es and do something instead of moaning that nobody is doing anything for you.

Is there any where you can just play for a laugh? I'm not sure of my fitness levels at the minute so need to get back into playing and training. Where's the best place I can do this? I live up on Ecclesall road so nearby would be good. Thanks

you could try contacting [email protected] or [email protected] who should be able to help. I believe theres a local league run at the english institute of sport place or whatever its called down the cliff.

how old are you guys? if your under 17 you could try out for Sheffield Sharks or this new team my mate has made called Carribean Warrior. IF your older older you can try out for this team call the fat lads,

write back if you want info

thanks Smitty. we (Adamike and his mate and I) have all been in touch and weve got a league to enter in october. just trying to sort out more players at the moment. need some inside players ideally. we are over 17 unfortunately, think Adam used to play for Junior Sharks. all seems to be stalling a bit though as people have gone on holiday. Would be interested in Fat Lads though could you PM me details.

nice one

Hi Timcobbold

I've just moved up to Sheffield from Leicester after playing 9 years Div 1 and Div 2 Local League and looking to play in a league, the only one I have heard about is at EIS on Wed & Thurs? Which league starts in Oct? I'm 6ft 5 and play inside. Let me know if anyone is interested thanks