Trail of destruction in Crookes

What a night!

It all started when a party got out of hand at an address on Loxley View Rd. Police were called and moved the group (30 - 40 Teenagers) on. However as they were leaving they put the window through on the police car and kicked another cars wing mirror off.

I can't say for sure but it looks like the same group then went on to put shop windows through at A-Team Property Management, Haybrooks Estate Agents and Blundells Estate Agents on Crookes main road.

If you live nearby and have had any damage caused last night call the police because they may know who was responsible.

Mindless yobbos are at it at Crookes, they have smashed three estate agent windows with lumps of concrete which look to me to have been taken from outside the Horse and Rider shop. Its a pity they dont have anything else to do except cause other people grief, they are as thick as pig s..t.

Not seen the damage you refer to - I haven't seen a copper walking around here for years either. Bolehills regularly becomes a no go area for decent people in an evening.

Saw this when I went to the shop this morning. It seems strange that they've targeted three estate agents.

this just sums up the state of affairs in this town,the council seem more interested in making a **** up of city centre roads than combatting street crime that seems to be at an all time high. it,s a shame that everybody has to look over their shoulder when out because there are frightened to death of what might happen.

Threads merged. Please post on very recent threads rather than starting new ones.

Ta.

Argh - I was stood watching it all kick off from my bedroom window that backs onto the house where the 'party' was.

It got very noisy and very nasty all of a sudden - the house had their kitchen window smashed and then it seemed the partygoers just went mental, running around smashing things up!

And then as fast as it started it had finished.

I was worried they would come into our back garden/house!!

I wonder who they were? Crookes looked like the Bronx this morning!

Hmmm. Well, that will explain the brick and empty beer bottles I found outside my house when I arrived home in a taxi last night. My car is fine thankfully. What time did all this kick off?

this just sums up the state of affairs in this town,the council seem more interested in making a **** up of city centre roads than combatting street crime that seems to be at an all time high. it,s a shame that everybody has to look over their shoulder when out because there are frightened to death of what might happen.

what do you expect the council to do?

Why is everyone so shocked, crookes has turned slowly but surely into a dump, just like the rest of Sheffield...

Wisewood...Once a nice, respectable area - now a complete dump

Walkley, crookes, broomhill etc etc - as above.

Can't think of a nice area unless you go into posh'ville, Fulwood etc.

Had it happened in Burngreave or Manor no one would have batted an eyelid, however I think all the bills for the damage should go to the householders who held the party for them to apportion to their guests.