How to avoid trick when selling on ebay?

I sell a lot on eBay and if anybody asks me to end early I just say no as this would be unfair on other eBayers.Some other advise is only post to the address as supplied by eBay & paypal this way you will be covered under the seller protection plan.If anybody asks for it to be posted elseware ie my mothers I just say no sorry I cant do that.Also be very carefull when buying using cheques or money orders as eBay buyer protection only covers for £15 or over transactions,not including postage.I have fell foul of this and now only pay with paypal which will recover smaller amounts up to £500.I also recommend buying off paypal verified sellers as you are more guaranteed to get your money back if things do go wrong..

I sell quite a lot on ebay and basically keep things as simple as possible.

I never stop auctions early.

I never sell 'off ebay'.

I never post stuff until I get paid and the payment's cleared - I take most payments via Paypal now which has never given me grief.

Keeping it simple suits me! :)

Just one word of caution - Dont take the ebay and paypal 'guarntees' for read - in my (costly) experience they aint worth the paper thier written on.

I can confirm that the guarantee's are truly worthless..

I never post stuff until I get paid and the payment's cleared - I take most payments via Paypal now which has never given me grief.

same here.. paypal seems to suffer from a similar condition to ntl/telewest et al, in that it works flawlessly for some, whilst others think it is the work of the devil himself and would rather sell their children into slavery than use it!

joe, at what point do you consider payments "cleared"? once the money is in your paypal account, or do you wait the 5-or-so days for it to clear into your bank account?