I think Hallam FM is rubbish!

I listen to local (commercial) radio all over the UK; however I can not bear to listen to the dross that is Hallam FM.

If anybody from Hallam FM is on here please listen to stations such as Horizon (MK) for inspiration!!!

The main bug bears are as follows

1) Presenters thinking people only tune in for them - please shut up and play music.

2) Presenters who constantly talk about getting *****ed - see point 1 for resolution

3) Dull Breakfast show, with crap comedy sketches including a talking hamster! (This is total crap)

I suggest you change quick, before you listener ratings are 0 ZERO

Radio 1 all the way, well for breakfast and drive home. In betweens crap but Moyles n Mills are the greatest!

I don't listen to hallam fm so not sure about point 3 but your 100% right on point 1 (galaxy do the same) and I have noticed point 2 on there too which I found a bit unprofessional. I usually jump between galaxy and radio 1 but tend to find galaxys presenters more annoying they obviously (fakely) play up to the being local thing - seems to be the only thing they have.

Radio 1 all the way, well for breakfast and drive home. In betweens crap but Moyles n Mills are the greatest!

I don't think radio 1 is as good as I always remember it. I used to listen to it when moyles and comedy dave had a 3pm slot and remember them being a lot funnier then they are now.

Yup I agree!!

The have the same play list all day every day!! And the same cycle of advertisements.

Big John is very annoying but that is topped with the dross how the talking hamster that needs killing off.

Then Real radio seems to be owned by the same parent company as that runs the same format

I used to listen to Hallam FM all the time about 10 years ago when I was at school, but I cant bear it now and agree with pretty much everything the OP said, I tend to listen to Rother FM now, they play a wider selection of music and their DJs arent all "me me me arent I great" they seem to be a lot more community spirited.

rother fm is very good...96.1 fm...good mix of old and new.:)

I suggest you change quick, before you listener ratings are 0 ZERO

But there are always going to be people who want to listen to that stuff - they seem to be doing well off it.

School years is good at 9am on hallam fm. After that it's crap.

BBC Radio 2 all the way!

Edit: i agree rother fm is good aswell.

I have to agree , hallam fm has gone downhill over the past few years . Was a lot better back in the day when Darryl Denham was doing the breakfast show and used to send Paul Walker out doing silly stuff with the hidden microphone - some classic moments there . I used to have a cd with all these hidden microphone gags on but lost it :( ........ memories !!!