Bi-Curious maybe?

I came across this term the other day. Apparently it can apply to both males and females and implies an interest of a sexual kind in the same sex in addition to heterosexuality.

It reminded me of a friend of mine who was not simply "bi-curious" but in my opinion, "bi-plain bloody nosey". She would actively seek such opportunities with equal zeal.

Apparently, we are all capable of such feelings. So, what are your views on this?

I came across this term the other day. Apparently it can apply to both males and females and implies an interest of a sexual kind in the same sex in addition to heterosexuality.

It reminded me of a friend of mine who was not simply "bi-curious" but in my opinion, "bi-plain bloody nosey". She would actively seek such opportunities with equal zeal.

Apparently, we are all capable of such feelings. So, what are your views on this?

No we aren't all capable of 'such feeling' I can assure you.

I think sexuality is a continuum, with 100% straight or 100% gay occupying each extreme and asexuality in the middle for those who just aren't that bothered. Some seek out adventures with the same sex out of curiosity, experimentation, a desire to be provocative even, or - surprisingly enough - because they're attracted to both sexes to varying extents.

It's all good. That love (or perhaps just lust) exists is the important issue, not who you love (or lust after).

And there was half Sheffield Forum thinking you were the love child of Lon Cheney and Joan Maynard :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I think sexuality is a continuum, with 100% straight or 100% gay occupying each extreme and asexuality in the middle for those who just aren't that bothered. Some seek out adventures with the same sex out of curiosity, experimentation, a desire to be provocative even, or - surprisingly enough - because they're attracted to both sexes to varying extents.

It's all good. That love (or perhaps just lust) exists is the important issue, not who you love (or lust after).

I think that nature intended males to be attracted to females and vice-versa as the main strategy to ensure survival of the species, be it human or animal. It even designed us with fully-interlocking parts that are intended to be complimentary to each other.

Sorry if this sounds like something out of a Bird Watchers books, but...

The male of the species, in humans at least, is usually bigger, stronger and more hairy, than the female, with a deeper voice and more aggressive nature. Designed for hunting/protecting. Whereas the female is less muscular, less hairy and has a higher pitched voice. The body is designed for rearing the young with wider hips for childbirth and breasts for feeding. This is 'the norm' for most.

Research has shown that in homosexual males there is a difference in how the brain develops to that of heterosexual males. The homosexual male may be more pre-disposed to female characteristics than male ones. Essentially, they are wired up slightly different - that's the issue. So, they may speak and act more like a female for example and be attracted more to males than females.

Similarly, there are some females who exhibit features that are more usually associated with the male species. Knowing they can never compete to attract a male, due to their overt masculine tendencies, they prefer instead to enhance these male qualities rather than deny them. So, they don't even try to keep a nice figure or have long feminine hair. They go all butch and have their hair cut like a bloke.

But the most curious hybrid of all has to be the bisexual, who appear perfectly "normal", i.e. clearly male or clearly female, but harbour a desire to experiment with the same sex whilst still being predominantly homosexual.

The Bi-curious is someone who is considering, but has no experience of, a bisexual experience.

I am a CBC. I am Curious about what makes someone Bi-Curious if you see what I mean?

I think that nature intended males to be attracted to females and vice-versa as the main strategy to ensure survival of the species, be it human or animal. It even designed us with fully-interlocking parts that are intended to be complimentary to each other.

Sorry if this sounds like something out of a Bird Watchers books, but...

The male of the species, in humans at least, is usually bigger, stronger and more hairy, than the female, with a deeper voice and more aggressive nature. Designed for hunting/protecting. Whereas the female is less muscular, less hairy and has a higher pitched voice. The body is designed for rearing the young with wider hips for childbirth and breasts for feeding. This is 'the norm' for most.

Research has shown that in homosexual males there is a difference in how the brain develops to that of heterosexual males. The homosexual male may be more pre-disposed to female characteristics than male ones. Essentially, they are wired up slightly different - that's the issue. So, they may speak and act more like a female for example and be attracted more to males than females.

Similarly, there are some females who exhibit features that are more usually associated with the male species. Knowing they can never compete to attract a male, due to their overt masculine tendencies, they prefer instead to enhance these male qualities rather than deny them. So, they don't even try to keep a nice figure or have long feminine hair. They go all butch and have their hair cut like a bloke.

But the most curious hybrid of all has to be the bisexual, who appear perfectly "normal", i.e. clearly male or clearly female, but harbour a desire to experiment with the same sex whilst still being predominantly homosexual.

The Bi-curious is someone who is considering, but has no experience of, a bisexual experience.

I am a CBC. I am Curious about what makes someone Bi-Curious if you see what I mean?

That's an extremely narrow and cliched (not to say bizarre) description of gay women - where on earth did you drag that from?

He doth protest too much :hihi:

He doth protest too much :hihi:

Oh, very astute. How many times does it transpire that those who shout loudest are the ones with the deepest, most guilty, secrets?

Personally I don't think bisexuality or being bi curious has much to do with homosexuality the latter being a statement about lifestyle and hard wired preferences towards same gender relationships.

'Bi sexuals', tend to be heterosexual, hedonists and thrill seekers..and some just downright, dirty b******s :hihi: I think most people, at some stage in their lives have experienced one or more of these feelings, without becoming bisexual, but being curious as to what a liaison with someone of the same gender might be like.

So to answer your question, yes I do think most people are capable of being 'bi curious' and it never having gone beyond curiousity, those that aren't probably just haven't thought about it! :lol:

Ps: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily a statement about the views or lifestyle of the author..before you all go jumping to conclusions, I'm still in a state of repression lol!!

Oh, very astute. How many times does it transpire that those who shout loudest are the ones with the deepest, most guilty, secrets?

Yes, it reminds me of the neighbour's Dad in the film American Beauty, did you see that? :)

Spot on Hecate, I do hope this thread runs and runs and some of our resident xenophobes and haters are 'big' enough to come out of the (water) closet! :hihi:

True sexuality is about who (or what!) makes you sexually aroused; you can't control that. Nobody has ever decided whether they'd be attracted by men or by women, or by both.

Curiosity is just that - curiosity. Any man, no matter how non-attracted he is to other men, could bend over and take it from behind if he wanted to know what it felt like. Any woman, ditto, no matter how pure lesbian she might be. Anyone of either sex could service anyone else of either sex, if they were curious about what it was like. They wouldn't have to be aroused in order to do so.

Plenty of guys - me included - will tell you that the mere thought of having sex with another guy makes them physically sick. Many women would say the same about sleeping with other women. No doubt some homosexuals, of both genders, feel equally nauseous at the thought of hetero sex.

But to feel sick at the thought of something does, of course, mean that at some point, they've thought of it. On those grounds, you could argue that they are to some extent bi-curious. It's a feeble argument, though. It's like saying to someone "how would you feel about murdering someone?" and then, when they answer, claiming that they've thought seriously about committing murder and are therefore a danger to the public.

In short, if bi-curious is to have a useful meaning, it should refer to people who might actually go through with it in a spirit of curiosity. Most people wouldn't.