Anyone live in a bungalow?

my elderly parents live in a bungalow and need to find a way of being able to leave their windows open on a warm night without risking security - anyone know of any gadgets or window locks that would allow some cool air in yet keep them safe?

my elderly parents live in a bungalow and need to find a way of being able to leave their windows open on a warm night without risking security - anyone know of any gadgets or window locks that would allow some cool air in yet keep them safe?

How awfull, you mean they can't leave their windows open at all ? maybe buy them an AC that fits into their bedroom window...I can't belive it :confused:

Yep, I live in a bungalow, and i love it, If your worried about security, think about installing a ceiling fan, they usually have 3 speeds on them and can also be switched to reverse in the winter to help keep the bedroom warm.

they are very quiet when running too.

Don't know if this helps at all, but I've been looking at something like this

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/Window_Grilles.html#aYSD_2dL205B_2dW

for something I'm involved in. What I liked about it is it's internal, folds back during the day (and if you're not bothered at night) but if you do want to pull it across the window and lock it, you can do, and you'll be able to sleep with fresh air and peace of mind!

Don't know if this helps at all, but I've been looking at something like this

http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/acatalog/Window_Grilles.html#aYSD_2dL205B_2dW

for something I'm involved in. What I liked about it is it's internal, folds back during the day (and if you're not bothered at night) but if you do want to pull it across the window and lock it, you can do, and you'll be able to sleep with fresh air and peace of mind!

that is a brilliant idea - most of the grills I have seen have been security grills which are locked onto the outer brickwork - not much good if there is a fire and they need the window to escape through - will def have a look at these thank you

Oh I am pleased you're pleased! If you find anything better/different, I'd be pleased to hear from you because I haven't ordered anything yet.

We're in a bungalow too but so far haven't had the need to leave the windows open at night. I pull the curtains across early evening as soon as the sun moves onto the bedroom to help keep the heat out and that seems to work reasonably well. I also have all the doors open and allow as much air as possible to circulate before going to bed. If we have a warm summer though it's going to be an issue as the only windows we have in our bedroom are french doors! Last summer we had a window in the bathroom open most of the time - it's quite a difficult one to get to from outside anyway and I hung some wind chimes on the window handle so that if anyone tried to move it the chimes would make a noise. I let you know if I come across anything that would be helpful.