Jubilee Rd Tell me your memories

My great grandma lived on jubilee road, think it was number 31, Ruth Barraclough, 2 daughters Eileen and Rosalie and 2 sons John and Jim, Anyone remember them?

My great grandma lived on jubilee road, think it was number 31, Ruth Barraclough, 2 daughters Eileen and Rosalie and 2 sons John and Jim, Anyone remember them?

Hey. My grandfather lived at #112 Jubilee road way back in the late 1920's. At the time he was his 20's. Do you have any family still alive that might have been around then If not family that might have been told stories about that time. Their last name was Lindsay. My grand fathers parents were scottish. My grandfathers name was Jimmy. He had alot of siblings. All boys and one girl. There was sandy, Billy, Harry, Tommy and Elizabeth. I know it's a long shot. I have been looking for my grandfathers family for years now. I lost touch with them over 20 years ago. My grandfather's sister married a Pedley. Their daughter Doreen married a Richardson. They had 4 children. Michelle, Tracy, Tina and Jimmy. Tracy married Richard Beardsley. Thanks. Funny but I have not been on this site in a long time and the other day I was thinking about it and whatta know. lol. By the way I live in Canada.

Edited by Elizabeth Li
not finished

I used to know a eunice lee but I don't think she lived on jubilee rd. I lived on coleridge rd at the bottom of jubilee, I new the Fords, Darbies, Coopers twiggs dawsons ebbs and many more but Iv'e forgotten them. I lived there from 1950 to 1967.

Hi Martin

I am at a loss as to who you are but we must have known each other,

My name is George Stevens I lived at 111 Jubilee Road i remember all the people you mentioned, in fact I am related to the Twiggs and Darbys.

In the area you mention between Jubilee and Fitzmaurice Road there are names that come to mind, The Goodhalls and the Skeltons sorry but I cant rememeber any christian names (old age I guess )

I was born in 1950 and got married in 1971, I bought a house on Clement Street just off Philimore Road and moved to Handsworth in 1973.

My Nan was born on Jubilee Road and would have died there if they'd let her. Her and my Grandad (Flo & Tom Hall) were among the last to leave in 1977 when the houses were demolished. I loved going there in the holidays - we'd moved to Skeggy when I was 4 - everyone else went to the coast for their holidays and we went the other way!

The kids in Skeggy couldn't understand my Sheffield accent so I learned to tone it down. When I visited my Nan, her friends all said, "Ee, dunt 'e talk posh!"

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2011 at 20:37, bolsover said:

Hi Martin

I am at a loss as to who you are but we must have known each other,

My name is George Stevens I lived at 111 Jubilee Road i remember all the people you mentioned, in fact I am related to the Twiggs and Darbys.

In the area you mention between Jubilee and Fitzmaurice Road there are names that come to mind, The Goodhalls and the Skeltons sorry but I cant rememeber any christian names (old age I guess )

I was born in 1950 and got married in 1971, I bought a house on Clement Street just off Philimore Road and moved to Handsworth in 1973.

The Goodalls were;  Michael, David, Mary.and another I've forgot. The Skeltons were: Harry , Robert, Phyllis. and a couple more I can't remember.

I knew   Sandra Twigg , a Michael Dardy , Cal Darby, ; the Fords, Ebbs , Jaqueline Cooper, Sandra Dawn , and many more, Margaret Jones as well. Our name was Newton, Marion , Hazel , and me. David.

On 14/09/2019 at 11:45, martin441 said:

The Goodalls were;  Michael, David, Mary.and another I've forgot. The Skeltons were: Harry , Robert, Phyllis. and a couple more I can't remember.

I knew   Sandra Twigg , a Michael Dardy , Cal Darby, ; the Fords, Ebbs , Jaqueline Cooper, Sandra Dawn , and many more, Margaret Jones as well. Our name was Newton, Marion , Hazel , and me. David.

Just now, Robbiet said:

Went to school with Hazel Newton

1 minute ago, Robbiet said:

4 hours ago, Robbiet said:

Really;  what is your name?

15 hours ago, martin441 said:

Robert toseland

3 hours ago, Robbiet said:

Robert toseland

Your name is very familiar , did you live in Jubilee rd.

56 minutes ago, martin441 said:

Your name is very familiar , did you live in Jubilee rd.

No but lived quite close on Makin Road and had plenty of friends round there