2010 council house refurb

Strangers kitchen that they can't be bothered to clean? I find it offensive in theeh extreme that you say people who live in council houses are dirty. This isn't about cleaning. I took my flat with granny carpets, and 2 kitchen units ripped of the wall, laying on the floor, with half ripped off paper, and half done windows. I took it as I had to get somewhere to live. If that house belonged to a private landlord, he would have had to make the improvements straightaway. I doubt it would be blamed on cleaning

take no notice i think petrol girl just likes getting peoples backs up fo no reason

take no notice i think petrol girl just likes getting peoples backs up fo no reason

Sheesh your'e not kidding! I am seriously knackered due to these waking me up everyday and if petrolgirl or anyone else that moans about "council tenants" tried holding down a full time job on around 5 hours a night sleep, driving to work, looking after cats, cleaning up the councils mess and trying to live their life they wouldn't be so quick to judge.

I feel terrible all because of their incompetance. I know someone who works in a different department for 2010 and they say to be prepared as they mess up almost all of the re-fits and have to re-visit several times for snagging.

They aren't going to be happy with me as I sometimes do store opening's for my company so do snagging so I will make them sort out their mistakes lol :)

Roll on the finishing date (which bear in mind i have no idea when this will be, same as 2010 don't). I am avoiding going home it is stressing me out so much, I go home, eat tea, spend an hour or so on PC or watching TV then sleep. I get up, get ready and clear off before I lose my rag at them.

On a more positive note, I was rather amused to see a decent looking plasterer in my kitchen Monday morning singing Leona Lewis along to the radio. Made my week!

Sheesh your'e not kidding! I am seriously knackered due to these waking me up everyday and if petrolgirl or anyone else that moans about "council tenants" tried holding down a full time job on around 5 hours a night sleep, driving to work, looking after cats, cleaning up the councils mess and trying to live their life they wouldn't be so quick to judge.

So why leave it to the taxpayers to pay for the work? You hold a full time job? Pay for it yourself or save up until you can afford it!

Another thing I find is that the people who are getting all their houses done for free thanks to the other taxpayers who have mortgages etc., is that they never stop moaning! Get everything for free and then moan about some mess the builders have made! Not only free-loaders, but ungrateful along with it!

So why leave it to the taxpayers to pay for the work? You hold a full time job? Pay for it yourself or save up until you can afford it!

Another thing I find is that the people who are getting all their houses done for free thanks to the other taxpayers who have mortgages etc., is that they never stop moaning! Get everything for free and then moan about some mess the builders have made! Not only free-loaders, but ungrateful along with it!

I am paying for it myself, in rent and council tax and income tax. Why pay for it tiwce when it's the council who have to do it to make sure it's safe and habitable?

don't you get tired of winding people up?

Is it only mortgage payers that pay tax now? I never saw that one documented? I thought everyone who worked paid tax :S

Is it only mortgage payers that pay tax now? I never saw that one documented? I thought everyone who worked paid tax :S

No, but as you're well aware, it's only the council house dwellers who get the tax payers money to improve their houses and not the other way around.

There's no way around it, no matter how much you try, if you're in work and are in a rented council house, you should be made to pay for your own kitchen/bathroom/whatever else you get just like the rest of us have to and stop draining the honest, hardworking people out of their hard earned money!

Have some self respect!

we had ours done a couple of years ago now, it may be free but how would you like to go without a kitchen for 12 weeks no washer, cooker anything just brick walls. it was just left like that we had to wait for the workmen to come they where so far behind,would have been better if they employed more workers.

so yes i complained 12 weeks is a joke

they had to update the houses as they where so outdated

No, but as you're well aware, it's only the council house dwellers who get the tax payers money to improve their houses and not the other way around.

There's no way around it, no matter how much you try, if you're in work and are in a rented council house, you should be made to pay for your own kitchen/bathroom/whatever else you get just like the rest of us have to and stop draining the honest, hardworking people out of their hard earned money!

I am one of the honest hardworking people. So you think I should get a mortgage I can not afford to pay, and then maybe get loans to pay for my new kitchen? I think you live in cloud cuckoo land.

One day you may need a council property, and when people ask where you live I hardly think you will refer to yourself as a skanky council house dweller which is the way you seen to be referring to us. My mum always taught me that people who have such huge issues with how others do things and live their lives have an inferiority complex. I can't help but feel that applies to you. You can't be so happy in your ivory tower to have such an issue with others and their homes. Becuase despite what you say, they are still our homes. Imagine what would happen to the economy if there were no council houses, or improvement works didn't get done on the existing council properties. My guess is you would still complain about the amount of homeless and the skanky houses.

The reason I got council property was because my parent's moved 340 miles away so I had to get my own place as I didn't want to go there because of my job :D. Maybe I should marry a rich man just to make you feel better that there is one less person theiving their own money back from the tax man. What utter crap you talk

don't you get tired of winding people up?

It would appear not :D

No, but as you're well aware, it's only the council house dwellers who get the tax payers money to improve their houses

Not so, I got a grant from the government for cavity wall insulation and loft insulation.

Thanks everyone.

:)

Not so, I got a grant from the government for cavity wall insulation and loft insulation.

Thanks everyone.

:)

No problem. I would like to thank you for my kitchen (well once it has been completed) lol