Networking/Sharing printer problems

I am trying to network my printer so that I can print stuff from my laptop. I have turned on sharing on the printer settings on the computer the printer is connected to. When I Search for the printer on my laptop it doesn't find it. I have type in the computer and printer name it still won't find it.

find the ip address of the pc the printer is connected to and type it into the run box so if the printer was connected to 123.154.1.768.

you simply type \\123.154.1.768 and a screen will pop up asking you to log on if applicable when done that another screen will appear with the printer on, you may need to install the printer drivers on your laptop as well,

find the ip address of the pc the printer is connected to and type it into the run box so if the printer was connected to 123.154.1.768.

you simply type \\123.154.1.768 and a screen will pop up asking you to log on if applicable when done that another screen will appear with the printer on, you may need to install the printer drivers on your laptop as well,

how do i find this I have tried but can't seam to find it.

on the pc that the printer is connected to go to start menu and then run and type cmd and press return, when you have the window that has a black background type ipconfig and the number after ipv4 will tell you that pc's ip address