Have you lied to get your children in a school?

Have you lied to get your children in a school?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lied to get your children in a school?

• Yes,and i'm not bothered,because loads do it!
    • Yes,but i feel guilty and ashamed about it
    • Yes,but i got caught and lost the place
    • No,but i wanted to,but i lost my bottle
    • No,it's wrong and i'll grass anyone i find doing it!
    • I'm just in the process of doing it now!Shhhhhhh!!!!!

Its pathetic IMO, when will people realise that if a child wants to do well in school then they will? If a child wants to stay out of trouble then he will.

It doesnt matter what school a child attends, Im thinking more and more its more to do with the snobbery and narrow mindedness of parents.

Sort yourselves out and stop passing your preconceptions on to your children.

How many kids have you got, how are they doing and which school do they attend?

We didn't lie, we just had to move house. Lying would have been far easier though. I know someone who moved from London to Sheffield (Swallownest) and managed to get a place at Silverdale, the COMPLETE other side of Sheffield, because they lied about their address.

Lying in order to get the best for your own children is not immoral or unethical.

And it sets them a brilliant example too!

the COMPLETE other side of Sheffield, because they lied about their address.
And under a completely different education authority as Swallownest comes under Rotherham. If I was a Sheffield council tax payer I'd be a little pee'd off.

It certainly does. And then we all wonder why the little dears grow up with a huge sense of entitlement and a total lack of moral fibre.

what about some one who lies and cons people ...'for their children'.

Is that wrong?

But it's one moral/ethic versus another and I think in this instance providing the best for your own child should win over lying. That's not to say that lying should always be condoned but when it's done with good intentions I'd say it was more a white lie or fibbing. Who is being conned here anyway, the parent has paid for this education through their council tax but the council is conning the parent by not providing an adequate service, that's unethical.

Well everyone whos done it could find themselves in trouble. They say they are going to check people out against official ID to see if they lied and if they did their kid will be out.

YOu can be jailed if your kid plays turent i think people who lie to get their kids into a certain school should also face the law.

Or so I saw online anyway.

Well everyone whos done it could find themselves in trouble. They say they are going to check people out against official ID to see if they lied and if they did their kid will be out.

YOu can be jailed if your kid plays turent i think people who lie to get their kids into a certain school should also face the law.

Or so I saw online anyway.

That's just plain stupid. You comfortable living a country that would send parents to jail for trying to better their kids? If it's true which I doubt.

This council despises the 'haves' in the South West and will go to unbelievable lengths to ensure the 'have-nots' can gain admission to all the decent schools (even though the 'have-nots'' offspring usually bring the general standards of these schools down before they've even bothered to wipe their feet on the entrance mat).

Certain 'sections of the community' are bussed into the better schools even though they live five miles across the city. Clearly, SCC is still not impressed with the doctor's daughter living in a £400,000 detached in Dore or Fulwood getting to the school of her parents' choice.

"But it's one moral/ethic versus another and I think in this instance providing the best for your own child should win over lying."

It's amazing how far people will go to rationalise bad behaviour when they have kids. As if giving your kids a leg up will justify anything.

YOUR CHILD DOES NOT DESERVE THE BEST

Your child deserves the same opportunities and advantages as everybody else's child, and if you think it's any less selfish and wrong than good old-fashioned benefit fraud, just because you're doing it for the little angels, you're kidding yourself.

I don't have any kids; if I did then I'd probably fight tooth and nail for a "good" school for them, possibly even lying. That would be despite my thinking that a kid's school has a vanishing effect on the end result. You can't escape biology, and the parental desire to have the best for your children is a strong force!

I wonder how those lotteries for school places are working out. I bet that all of the schools will converge to the same distribution of grades at the end of the day, with the kids from nice areas generally doing better than the rest. This would explain why the "best" schools are where they are now, and also prove that all of this catchment area malarkey is a giant red herring.