Restaurants in S6

I'm a longtime S6 resident and a terrible foodie so I've tried most of the restaurants around here!

Top of my list are Rowsha in Walkley (Lebanese) and Hei Moon on Middlewood Road opposite Hillsborough Park (Chinese). Both have a lovely atmosphere, fantastic food and really nice friendly service.

Bangla Cottage is OK but there are way better Indian restaurants in Sheffield (unfortunately not walking distance from here though) so we only really go there if we fancy a takeaway.

Avoid La Civetta - I had one of the worst meals in my life there (service was fine, food was dreadful) and a thread about it on the forum suggests a lot of other people have had similar experiences. Never been to Sette Colli, we keep meaning to but forgetting about it!

Have a good time wherever you decide to go!

I'm a longtime S6 resident and a terrible foodie so I've tried most of the restaurants around here!

Top of my list are Rowsha in Walkley (Lebanese) and Hei Moon on Middlewood Road opposite Hillsborough Park (Chinese). Both have a lovely atmosphere, fantastic food and really nice friendly service.

Bangla Cottage is OK but there are way better Indian restaurants in Sheffield (unfortunately not walking distance from here though) so we only really go there if we fancy a takeaway.

Avoid La Civetta - I had one of the worst meals in my life there (service was fine, food was dreadful) and a thread about it on the forum suggests a lot of other people have had similar experiences. Never been to Sette Colli, we keep meaning to but forgetting about it!

I'm surprised by your experience of Bangla Cottage, for me it has always been second to none, and I know curries!

Setti Colli is definately worth a visit! A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for!

Never had a better curry than Bangla Cottage in Sheffield. I love it.

Although I'm not a huge fan, I couldn't agree with your assessment of La Civetta either. I've been a few times and although the place has been quiet we have had good food there. The service on the other hand could be adequately described as brusque.

why not get a taxi to the milestone near shalesmoor tram stop its a great place for romantic meals,and thurs is cocktail night.highly recomend it

Never had a better curry than Bangla Cottage in Sheffield. I love it.

Although I'm not a huge fan, I couldn't agree with your assessment of La Civetta either. I've been a few times and although the place has been quiet we have had good food there. The service on the other hand could be adequately described as brusque.

I went to Bangla cottage about 3 months ago and it was the worst indian restaurat I've ever been too, maybe I just caught them on an off night but it was so bad I won't be heading back. There was no smell of curry that usually hits you in the face when you go into an indian restaurant, the restaurant it's self was freezing cold, the table was wobbly and the food well it wasn't that good infact it tasted like micro meals!

Been to La Civetta twice and both times I've really enjoyed it, Roberto the owner came out both times too for a chat with us which was nice, on the 2nd occassion we had our kids with us and he gave them free ice cream :thumbsup: