Restaurants in S6

Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant (suitable for an anniversary meal) in S6? We know and love Vitos in Walkley but would like to try somewhere a bit different but still within walking distance. Are there any decent places in Hillsborough? We're fairly open minded when it comes to trying different styles of cuisine.

There's Rowsha(?) just along from Vitos, its Lebanese I think?

The Bangla Cottage is really nice, great service and reasonable prices. Next to the rawson spring-thread on here about it.

There's a french one opposite the springvale pub in commonside. If its still there. Don't eat for a couple of days before you go.

I can't remember the name but I'm sure someone will oblige.

The french restaurant on Commonside is called Chez Lahlou (probably not spelt like that!). Used to love it, but last time we went the veg was cooked to a mush, which really put me off.

Are there any places on Middlewood Road in Hillsborough? Have recently moved to Walkley, so not familiar with everything down there yet.

Pity about chez Lalou Its only another 5 minutes down Barber Rd to the damn house.

I only ever went in its old life the guy from Nonnas' dad ran it as an Italian.

But now I've no idea what its like, but its in a great setting.

Maybe have a row on the lake, or have the boats gone. I was brought up in walkley, but I've lost touch. Good Luck.

Just read my last post sorry about spelling of dam, maybe a froidian slip.

The french restaurant on Commonside is called Chez Lahlou (probably not spelt like that!). Used to love it, but last time we went the veg was cooked to a mush, which really put me off.

Are there any places on Middlewood Road in Hillsborough? Have recently moved to Walkley, so not familiar with everything down there yet.

There's Roberto di Civetta (Italian) near the park, a Chinese restaurant opposite, another Italiany one Vida Loca opposite Wetherspoons, and one next to the Jet petrol station on Bradfield Road (although the name escapes me!). There's also the Taste of India on Bradfield Road, and the Bangla Cottage next to the Wetherspoons.

Pity about chez Lalou Its only another 5 minutes down Barber Rd to the damn house.

I only ever went in its old life the guy from Nonnas' dad ran it as an Italian.

But now I've no idea what its like, but its in a great setting.

Maybe have a row on the lake, or have the boats gone. I was brought up in walkley, but I've lost touch. Good Luck.

Chez Lahlou stopped being decent some years ago - I went 15 months ago after a 5 or so year respite - it was no better.

The should concentrate on quality and forget the quantity, which even if it was good is too much for most people to eat.

There's a french one opposite the springvale pub in commonside. If its still there. Don't eat for a couple of days before you go.

I can't remember the name but I'm sure someone will oblige.

Oh Chez lahlou went there efor my BF's parents anniversary a coupel of years ago, they tod tus thery weren't ready for us so sent us to the springvale pub, they brought accross the meus and we all ordered and then she kept coming over and telling us, shouldn;t be long but were still not ready for you yet, after about 2 hours we gave up and went home dissapointed, and rang Pizza hut, they were ready for us and came we got our food staright away!

haven't been to lahlous since!!

I would def reccommend Setti Coli in Hillsborough (on the petrol station), it's very nice inside, the staff are great and the food has been lovely everytime I have been (about 8-10) times.

La Civetta is also nice, but the atmosphere inside isn't as good.

I'm going to Bangla Cottage myself in a couple of weeks so nice to hear it's good! :thumbsup: