Warm weather and bites.

How come, until about 5 years ago I never had a bite until, one summer in a friends garden I was attacked and covered in bites. It woke me up at 3am scratching and I was close to tears. I tried having a bath, cream etc. etc. but just had to suffer.

Since that time I have been bitten each year, including yesterday and today. Anyone else scratching their flesh off right now.

(don't tell me not to scratch them, yeraknow! my hand just does it without my brain's permission)

I went through a getting bit phase, drove me nuts.

I got a spray from Boots, which relieved the initial pain and then helped to stop the damn things itching so much. Can't remember what it was called, but I got it from the pharmacy counter.

My legs are covered in bites, as I foolishy decided to make a tentative, sunscreen-assisted attempt at taking the edge off the pastey whiteness. Now they're pastey-white AND blotchy with scratch marks and wheals.

I wonder what the change was that made me go from not being bitten, to getting devoured?

I've lived in a hotter climate than here and never got one bite!

My legs are covered in bites, as I foolishy decided to make a tentative, sunscreen-assisted attempt at taking the edge off the pastey whiteness. Now they're pastey-white AND blotchy with scratch marks and wheals.

I currently look like the loser in a fight between urticaria and me!

If you hang around me you won't get bitten. As soon as I go out to play the little blighters leave everybody else alone and head straight for me! I think I have an invisible sign above my head which says "cafe's open".

I have found jungle strength mozzy spray to be quite good but I don't like the feel or smell of it. Another good deterrent is Avon's "skin so soft" body lotion.

You have my full sympathy though. I suffer dreadfully every year.......more so once the sun goes down.

Ive squatted a dozen or so mozzies tonight

Ive squatted a dozen or so mozzies tonight

!

That's not a good way for anyone or anything to die.

lol ...... would 'swotted' be kinder to mozzies? :hihi:

How come, until about 5 years ago I never had a bite until, one summer in a friends garden I was attacked and covered in bites. It woke me up at 3am scratching and I was close to tears. I tried having a bath, cream etc. etc. but just had to suffer.

Since that time I have been bitten each year, including yesterday and today. Anyone else scratching their flesh off right now.

(don't tell me not to scratch them, yeraknow! my hand just does it without my brain's permission)

Scratching here and some parts of my arm and leg are red.

Just bathed in about every oil I have in the house.. rosemary, lavender, lemon (run out of tea tree)... I smell divine! :love:

Still itching though :|

Apparently they like the smell of human sweat, and particularly feet, scientists have found that the best bait for mosquito traps is limburger cheese.